Car was runnin then...boom

plug an play, dotn ditch the ecu just take it to mazda and have a standard transmission p5 program flashed on the ECU. Im glad your gonna put in a new motor, thats awesome i dont mean to be so blunt but thats just how i am. Was the CEL light flashing?

Wow that sux's..after all that work..and boom.

Good luck on the rebuild!

Chas

SenorCorwin: If you say all have to do is get it re-flashed I'll do that then. i want to get rif of this advanced timing curve that the MP3 has. CEL light wasn't flashing but it was on.
Acidbbg: Thanx It's going to be a fun re build. i might even port & polish the head. Can anybody give me a ruff estimate on how much that will cost

midnightracr said:
BiggTimm: Juan told me he set the MAP up on his P5. I was thinking I would have trouble also since MP3's have way more timing than a P5. Would this work? Ditch the MP3 ECU & get a P5 ECU? Would i have to get a new harness or would it be Plug&Play? if it's just plug&play i just might do that
If he set it up on his P5, then there's your problem! He should of set it up on an MP3 or told you that some more timing needed to be taken out. I would talk to him about that, everyone knows the MP3 ECU has more advanced timing then a P5 does. If that's the case, then it sould be his fault.

You can keep the MP3 ECU, just take out more timing. If you are getting the J&S, it will help you tune the timing and also protect your s***! Whatever you do, good luck, and check that s*** out with Juan about the timing he had taken out for your MP3 not P5!

You could put in a P5 ECU no problems, but that would be more money out of your pocket, even if you had yours reflashed.

i think the least juan should so is get you forged goodies at cost and maybe a block if hes got one laying aorund...

I'm glad to hear you & me are on the same page. The day it popped Juan said he would help me out. Hopefully he meant forged pistons & rods

Wow that sucks. Whenever I read these stories it scares the piss out of me. I just hope I don't share in the bad luck.

Do you guys think that jumping to conclusions that the KIT was at fault a bit irresponsible?

How quickly you guys (especially those that are boosted) jump on the wagon of bashing a product..... it is kinda disappointing.

Hey Midnight,

I am very sorry about what happened like I told you over the phone. The maping for the MP3, P5 or MSP is exactly the same with the E6X because it controls everything out of the stock trigger and it is in the same position on all cars.

I think the big mistake was not having a boost gauge when running a boost controller and we all know that the FS will brake over 260WHP. If youe went over 14 psi with our kit, you could be easily in the 270 to 280 range and no stock rods will take this torque in the FS. The CEL comes on when the boost goes over 17 psi. If yours came on, it could easily be in the 18 to 20 (even more).

I will help you with internals like I did with YP5Toronto.

Juan

HiBoost TS said:
Hey Midnight,

I am very sorry about what happened like I told you over the phone. The maping for the MP3, P5 or MSP is exactly the same with the E6X because it controls everything out of the stock trigger and it is in the same position on all cars.

I think the big mistake was not having a boost gauge when running a boost controller and we all know that the FS will brake over 260WHP. If youe went over 14 psi with our kit, you could be easily in the 270 to 280 range and no stock rods will take this torque in the FS. The CEL comes on when the boost goes over 17 psi. If yours came on, it could easily be in the 18 to 20 (even more).

I will help you with internals like I did with YP5Toronto.

Juan
I didn't even realize he had the stand alone. If it was a stand alone, then who cares what stock ECU was in there. The stock ECU would not be controlling ANY timing in that case. Sorry if I sounded to be bashing, I should of read a little deaper.

Dude, you should of had a boost gauge to watch. You never know when you will spike or if the controller is even set right without one. Good luck with your motor work.

Yeah i know I should have one in the car that's why i'm not angry at anyone. i was at fault but i also think that my clutch was at fualt as well. It would not hold it at all. I remember when I was in 3rd i got on it a little. The needle on the tach was at 2k & when i gassed it it jumped to 6k REALLY quick. So between a possible boost spike & the clutch not holding the power causing the motor to over-rev i can see why it did happen. About the over-rev I never did let it go past 6k. Matter of fact I changed gears at 5800rpm just to be on the safe side. Juan your awsome i really do appreciate you helping me out.
I found a used engine today that only has 5k miles on it. Going to pick it up tommorro for only 1k. Anybody know of some place that might make a billet crank? I was thinking of making the bottom end bullitt proof. OR.... would the Mazdaspeed crank be just as good. Does anybody know if it has been hardened in any way or is it just a crank like what's in our cars?

im not blaming the kit but for a motor to pop right away the least jaun could out of good buisness is help, all im saying toronto.

Not to be insulting you, but what I can't understand is how you pay ~$3800 for a turbo kit and don't spend the extra $50 for a boost gauge. Just doesn't make sense to me.

LOL....$3800 huh. Add some more to that...lol. I know what you're saying i was just a little impatient & I learned something. How to be more patient. Like i said in my earlier posts I will have guages everywhere next time

Back