Car suddenly runs extremely rich under boost

Jaleik

Contributor
:
MSP 03.5
So this is the third time it happens and its starting to really piss me off. I reset the ecu, car runs perfectly fine and then some time later (only like 60 miles later this time) it starts running extremely rich under any boost, basically when the SSAFC should kick in I start seeing a solid 10 on my wideband and the car bogs down and wont accelerate.

Im running 440s so the stock ecu would probably not be able to compensate. What really bothers me is that resetting my ecu fixes the issue for a while. Could it be the SSAFC going bad or the ECU? Oh and basically everything is new, plugs, wires, coils, o2 sensor, injectors, internals. Im not getting any CELs or anything and the vacuum is good. I did have issues with my egr valve recently but I cleaned it up and now it works great, no more idle issues. Car was really strong yesterday and on my way to work today it ran like s***.

I really dont want to but I guess if I swapped the injectors for the stock ones and removed the ssafc I could see if its bad, is there an easier solution to test it?

My old car used to foul up the O2 sensor and do the same thing. I would have raw fuel and black soot for a metre behind the car on start up, and massive over fuelling at around 3000 when I came on boost. Big puffs of black smoke and a trail behind me, flames on over run. I used to replace the O2 sensor every 10000 km to try and stop this. That worked but I found using a set of colder plugs helped alot.

Im already using a step colder plugs right now. I havent checked my O2 sensor since I installed it 2 weeks ago though, ill probably do that today.

did you download the fuel maps according to your injectors? if you didnt up the boost or turbo then the injectors will be putting way too much fuel into the engine , thus bogging it down. try downloading maps for the ssafc . they have a 440cc map on here i think its a sticky

Yeah I have and I use a custom map, when I reset the ecu my afr is perfect for a while, then its suddenly crap. Loading the map from the afc also tells me it didn't dissapear or anything.

Back