car started, stalled, and now wont restart

byohndspeed

Contributor
ok so my wife has a 2008 mazda 3 with the 2.3. she went to go to work today and the car only ran for a few seconds then stalled. went to restart and nothing. i tried to start it and it just doesnt want to fire. any ideas on where to start looking? didnt know if anyone might have had a similar issue and can give me a headstart on tracking it down. only things done to the car is a cai and catback. gonna tow it to work with me in the morning and put the scanner on it and see what comes up. any ideas would be appriciated.

Does it try to turn over? Can you hear the starter trying? If those two are happening check the cheap stuff first like battery and spark plugs. Maybe something wrong with the fuel pump/line. As long as she wasn't driving through any small lakes with that CAI it shouldn't be a water through the intake issue. Just getting into the whole mazda thing myself so take these suggestions with a grain of salt.

First things first, is there power in the car. i.e. the interior lights, gauges, radio when you turn the key to 'ON'?
Or is there just nothing at all?

Back