car stalled

Driver error maybe? What tranny do u have? You may wanna check the EGR valve.

aMaff said:
Driver error maybe? What tranny do u have? You may wanna check the EGR valve.
muhahahah

auto...been to the dealers 3 times now for stalling.

it's all in their records..

what has been done...

egr
ecu system redo
bumped up the idle

what else is left??

www.lemonlaw.com

driver error---taking foot off brake and the second you even tap the gas...STALL...

I wonder if it is a fuel delivery issue. Maybe you got bad gas before, and the filter is jammed up with crap. I have seen that. Could even be a clogged injector, who knows.

RaiderMP5 said:
I wonder if it is a fuel delivery issue. Maybe you got bad gas before, and the filter is jammed up with crap. I have seen that. Could even be a clogged injector, who knows.

I ONLY go to shell..one in particular down the road...just got 30k maint done..new filter. I use fuel system cleaners every 5k miles. It revs fine, drives fine, and stalls fine.

Have you had a fuel pressure test done on the car to see if it is a problem? Not sure what fuel filter was replaced at 30K, as the only one we have is inside the gas tank. IS that what you replaced?

I can also remember a thing with the auto tranny stalling, and it is a known issue. protege5.ugly.net shoudl havce any TSB that is around for it.

RaiderMP5 said:
Have you had a fuel pressure test done on the car to see if it is a problem? Not sure what fuel filter was replaced at 30K, as the only one we have is inside the gas tank. IS that what you replaced?

I can also remember a thing with the auto tranny stalling, and it is a known issue. protege5.ugly.net shoudl havce any TSB that is around for it.

nothing in the gas tank that I know of. I am gonna have to double check my maint records.

either way...at 33k miles there is not 1 damn excuse for stalling.

seafoam rocks. That really helped my car run better. Seafoam fuel system cleaner. 1/2 in the intake via the cruise control line, the other half, dump into the gas tank.

Mazda P5 driver said:
nothing in the gas tank that I know of. I am gonna have to double check my maint records.

either way...at 33k miles there is not 1 damn excuse for stalling.

My car stalled two times and my car was around 8k miles.

both times happened when I was at a stop sign, and I let off the brake to coast up to the stop sign. Engine just died. Dealer had no clue what was wrong. Also, this only happened when the car was just done warming up and had been running for about 5 minutes.

That was a year and a half ago now. It didn't stall this past summer, so I'm hoping that somehow it's gotten better.

Lord_Zath said:
My car stalled two times and my car was around 8k miles.

both times happened when I was at a stop sign, and I let off the brake to coast up to the stop sign. Engine just died. Dealer had no clue what was wrong. Also, this only happened when the car was just done warming up and had been running for about 5 minutes.

That was a year and a half ago now. It didn't stall this past summer, so I'm hoping that somehow it's gotten better.

Today I drove 10 miles and made it to my garage and was just about to pull in when it stalled. Interstate driving up to 75mph on the way.

Back