car pulling

does anyone else have this problem if they take there hands off the wheel for like 2 sec the car is in another lane?? I have had my car for a little over a week and told the dealer about yesterday and am bringing in for service on thurs.

ill let you know what they say

JUST IN CASE ANYONE HAS THIS PROBLEM.....MINE HAS BEEN TO THE DEALER TWICE FOR ALIGNMENT CHECKS AND IT IS PERFECT BUT IT STILL PULLS INTO THE RIGHT LANE...LET ME KNOW IF YOUR DEALER FINDS ANYTHING OUT.

Well, on normal highway pavement, I do fine. But when on older city streets here in Madison (which are getting to be bad), my car pulls all over the friggin place. I think it has something to do with the directional tires? If I'm on pavement angled to the left or right, my car really pulls. I think the car just grips the road too well...

I HAVE HAD PLENTY OF DIRECTION TIRES AND THEY DO PULL WHEN YOU HIT A RUT OR SOMETHING IN THE ROAD, BUT........NOT ON A FLAT SURFACE GOING 80 OR SO DOWN THE INTERSTATE. THE DEALER TOLD ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE GREAT HANDLING OF THE CAR,BUT........IM NOT BUYING INTO THAT EXCUSE!!!!!!

all the Mp3s' are like that... Mine is like that too.. and a couple of ppl i know who owns the MP3 has the same thing happening to them... most of the time is because the surface of the road is not flat.... even in the bare naked eye it looks flat it is not.. well cant explain it.. but roads are designed that way i guess...

Factory Flaw, Car pulls right, take the car to someone wh knows what they are doing. It's not the tires, it's not the suspension, its a bad alignment, off by just a hair, car pulls right, roads are made to pull right, so together they cause for a bad alignment. just my two cents.

now, u all r going to say im crazy, but i had the same problem, now, u guys should be like "had"??? after i did my road trip to tenessee, its gone... how? why? dunno, im just happy its fine now :D

Mine too, I noticed it on the test drive.
Said something to the sales guy. Then I said screw it because I did not want to be a day without the car!!!! Oh well.

My MP3 was pulling to the right so I brought it in for a alignment but they told me it was fine and it was just the road. It's still pulling to the right. I'm going to bring it to anther shop and see what they say.

mine pulled from the first day i got it....but i didn't want to give it up for a day, so i figured i would just deal with it

Honestly the only time mine pulls is on crappy city streets... On the highway at 80 mine is fine... Taken 3 trips from Milwaukee->Madison, and normal highway commutes around Madison... No pulling like this...

It is becuase of the roads mostly. Low profile tires and a stiff suspension, bumps in the road and stuff will transmit through the sterring wheel so it feels like the car is pulling. It usually happens in the ruts on roads, kind of bounce back in ofrth in the rut.

That's the way it is in Colorado anyway (crappy roads). My car tracks straight all the time, just on bad roads it feels like it wants to pull in either direction.

I went to my dealer to have it alligned. They said that the allignment was now perfect but if it was still pulling to the right they would change the two front tires... :) So guess what, it will still pull to the right after 5000km and I will get two new tires for free... ;)

Mine pulls too, then after I got the tires rotated it pulled even worse. That was two weeks ago I put all the tires at 40 psi and it seems to help a little bit, not enough though.

The MP3 has a tighter gearing on the rack and pinion steering which means that centering the wheel is harder to do. Plus with all of the rubber on the ground, any pull will throw off the steering creating a pull.
The pulling is more of a side effect of the quick steering than anything. Its also one I am willing to live with.

Tim

Make sure your tire pressures are correct or even on each axle front and rear. if those are correct then try to rotate your tires front to back. No cross rotation! If that takes care of it you have a bad tire. that is very common in performance tires. you can also have a tire shop test your tires on a hunter DSP9700 balancer this will tell you if you have a bad tire!

Wheelguruuu

I Live outside of Philly and i had to go to west palm,fl the whole ride home it pulled to the right and it still does. I also have gotten a flat from hitting a small pothole and had to get a new tire and got it realligned and im still having prob.

Back