Car jerks when hitting boost!! PLEASE HELP!!

MSProokie

the first few minutes in the morning will be fine, but then after that when hitting boost the car jerks back and fourth, when full throttle the car doesnt go anywhere but stay at the same speed if not speed slowly decreases as if i let go of the gas. what is going on!!??

the first few minutes in the morning will be fine, but then after that when hitting boost the car jerks back and fourth, when full throttle the car doesnt go anywhere but stay at the same speed if not speed slowly decreases as if i let go of the gas. what is going on!!??

Most likely a boost leak, so many places to check ! Jerks back and fourth (naughty) the term is spiking, if you can't find a boost leak maybe slipping clutch ? possibly?

Stock tune man, that's what happens when the car runs rich and the stock IC heatsoaks. Invest in an FMIC, AFC and exhaust, you would not believe the difference.

Take your car to your tuner/shop, have someone look and test drive it. Don't go chasing after ghost. Do you have the mandatory gauges in your car?

Most likely the uneven boost delivery and jerking back and forth are not caused by your PCM. These cars respond better when you do not mash the accelerator. Someone that knows what they're doing needs to look at your turbo and the rest of the supporting parts.

Wideband, boost gauge, SSAFC, FMIC, Full Exhaust and youll be a happy camper. youre hitting fuel cut when you slam the throttle all the way(which is normal in these cars) and the car not speeding up is the dreaded hesitation problem these cars also have. due to the piss poor/pig-rich tuning they come from the factory (again, normal as well)

PM Wagonbacker (sp) he's in Wisconsin and might be able to help you out with your car or recommend a shop.

its a boost leak i have the EXACT same symptoms do a boost leak test if u have the stock pipes check thos carefully. my stock hot pipe is leaking the boost right where it mounts onto the turbo i added a second clap to it but still have the issue even tho its better that it was.. also make sure ur wastegate flapper didnt back out

I know Im coming in almost a month later, but also check your wastegate actuator. Mine did the same thing because I was running the 6.5psi stock actuator at 13 psi, it tore the diaphragm inside of it. It would act fine till you got on it and got it into boost then it felt like the car hit a brick wall. I bought one from APR at 8.5 psi off an SR20DET. Never had another issue.

Back