car is worth 10,000 Bucks

MrMp3

HAHAHAHHAHA I tried to trade it in for fun yesterday and got offered 10 grand, and my car is in near mint shape, with 35,000 miles

WORD?

:wtf:

samething i was offered when i tried to trade it in for the msp...i was offered 10.5k.....i almost did it too......my moms convinced me not to....

MrMp3 said:
HAHAHAHHAHA I tried to trade it in for fun yesterday and got offered 10 grand, and my car is in near mint shape, with 35,000 miles

WORD?

:wtf:

Huh, when I tried to trade mine in for a 2003 WRX, they offered me 18,500 CDN. Mine is almost mint with 29000 Kms with lots of troubles (clunk, squeak, seatbelt rattle, tranny grind, engine rattle, now even shifter is squeaking). I asked for 20 K, CND. Seems like they will give me at least 19,500 CDN. Waiting for the Bank to approve.

OK I figured out the nest way to combat this. Go to the dealer and see if they have another Protege for sale used.
If they do then take that price and information down then when they offer you $10K bring up the other protege with the smae miles that is no where near as good looking as the MP3, has none of the MP3s suspension parts or performance features or audio if you still have it thenmantion they jacked up the other proteges price more then $4000 from what they took as a trade for it! Then tell them to give you $12K or go **** themselves!

1st MP3 in NH said:
OK I figured out the nest way to combat this. Go to the dealer and see if they have another Protege for sale used.
If they do then take that price and information down then when they offer you $10K bring up the other protege with the smae miles that is no where near as good looking as the MP3, has none of the MP3s suspension parts or performance features or audio if you still have it thenmantion they jacked up the other proteges price more then $4000 from what they took as a trade for it! Then tell them to give you $12K or go **** themselves!

Well, it might work 4 someone, dealers always have their version of stories u know. ne waya i gave up with Mazda long ago. now i dont even care about the noises that i get from my car. i just drive it as long as it drives. trying really hard to get out of Mazda though. Damn Bank if they approve my loan then no more MP3 i will be chilling with my WRX. :D

I was thinking the same but am loving my MP3 again. i hate Mazda but love this car so when it goes then I'll move on.

Get a one year old S2000. It's cheaper than a brand new WRX. If you like the handling of the MP3, try a test drive in the S2000. You won't be dissappointed.

seriously. if you don't like the MP3 for quality control reasons, you're not gaining much by moving to the WRX. it's a great car, but not a standout in the fit/finish dept. any subaru owner will tell you the same thing.

you might be better off selling your MP3 outright...i was offered $17k for my 9-month old, 19,000 mile RSX-S, but was able to sell it myself for $20.5k.

edit: mmmm, S2000. ;)

You gotta watch dealers, I know, I used to work with Honda.

I never have had problems with my dealer so far. It was easy to figure out what to ask. Just look at the other protege's sitting on the lots, preferebly ES's, and P5's. Compare mileage and go from there. If they only offer you 10 grand, I bet you'll find a P5 sitting on the lot with as many miles on it as yours going for at least 10 grand as well. And you KNOW the MP3 is worth more so make sure they know it.

Besides, they'll offer you 10 grand, turn around and sell it for 13. That's what they all do. they have to offer lower then what it's worth just in case they don't sell it, and it's sitting on the lot for a few months. As months pass, it's worth less, so their taking into account what they "could" loose on your car as well as what they "could" make. If it's spring, or summer, common sense says your car isn't going to be sitting on the lot for very long, so they won't loose any money at all, tell them 13 grand, or nothing. Whereas, in the winter, it will be sitting there, and they will be stuck with it until spring so 10 grand it is.

As for Toronto_Raj, I'll be damned if I'm going to let a dealer offer some piss poor amount of money because they can't fix the problems with it, the same problems they are going to use as an excuse to not offer more money...can you say law suit?

" well we can't offer you 20 grand sir because your car makes a noise in the rear, and it will hurt the resale"

" But that's the problem I've been back and forth to you guys with since I owned it, and you can't fix it"

" Yes, that is true but we can't offer any more"

" Ok mr. Dealer, here is more lawyers name, would you like the change your mind"

I'm serious, you all know I am talking MCI about getting the clunk fixed. I'm also trying to get rid of the MP3. If it turns out, I will loose money because of a problem they cannot fix ( it looks like they will fix but...) they will get a call from my lawyer. I won't stand for it.

Back