Car in storage

I put my car in storage for my deployment. It's been there since Jan. I am trying to find out if I need to do something special when I get back in Feb. I know I need a oil change and I am rotating the tired because I needed to do that before I left just didn't have the money at the time. Should I get a full service done or what? Thanks for any advice.

I can't speak for any Mazda but I had an Acura RSX that was in a garage for a year and a half while I finished school in Ohio and I too should have got the oil changed before I put it away but didn't and when I brought her out I had the dealership check her out and they did a full service and I also got her detailed because she smelled odd and had a lot of dust on her. Before I drove it I let it run for a couple minutes and checked the tires which all needed air after all of that she ran perfect and two weeks later was stolen and I have yet to see or hear about her.

my dad owns a 96' corvette and hardly drives it and because of that, the fuel injectors started to seize. it took him a long time to figure it out. He took them out and had the injectors cleaned professionally. When he got them back, it fired right up, like the day he bought it. I don't know if that's what's going to happen with a Mazda, but that has been my only experience with a storage issue.

well the storage company starts the car 3x a week and move it from one parking spot to another. Plus they disconnect the battery. The beast should be alright.

my dad owns a 96' corvette and hardly drives it and because of that, the fuel injectors started to seize. it took him a long time to figure it out. He took them out and had the injectors cleaned professionally. When he got them back, it fired right up, like the day he bought it. I don't know if that's what's going to happen with a Mazda, but that has been my only experience with a storage issue.

Injectors that sit for any amount of time can stick open or closed. Getting them cleaned professionally is very good advice.

When they start it, do they let it get up to temperature? This is extremely important because when the engine is cold, it runs very rich, which will foul the plugs over time if it is not allowed to get hot.

My SUV stays parked, but I make a point to drive it 20 miles/week just to keep the cobwebs out..

Back