caranddriver1.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 369
  • caranddriver2.jpg
    caranddriver2.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 354
  • caranddriver3.jpg
    caranddriver3.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 314
In your second pick, looks like the right front wants to come off the rim...

Any idea if it's limited edition?

I already mentioned the MSM 2 page ad in my rant thread, but now that I have received Motor Trend, Road & Track, and Car & Driver, I would like to point out that the same ad is in all 3. That's definately not something that Mazda did for the MSP. :mad:

Anyway, I read my own copy of the article & it's great...now I really want dual Titaniums. However, I'm not sure if I would fit in an MSM (I'm 6'5"). :p

CatD399 said:
In your second pick, looks like the right front wants to come off the rim...
Check page 1, the front driver tire looks the same way...must be because the wheels have a deeper lip.

CatD399 said:
Any idea if it's limited edition?
From page 3: "At the price, this car's almost an unbeatable deal, but be aware that production is limited to just 4000 A YEAR."

Does that mean the MSM won't only be made in '04? :confused:

Damn! I want, I want, I want! Oh well, we've already got a Miata, guess we can wait to find a good used MSM. Looks damn fine in Titanium.

Majik, you migh find it a little cramped. I'm right at 6'2" and my knees bang into everything in our Miata. But head room is good. lol.

As for production run. I haven't heard anything about the MSM being only a one year production run. But, I am sure sales in NA will govern the decision to push on. Other biggie is that the Miata is due for a complete make-over (new model) in the next few years. So, hard to say what the future will hold.

it'll be 4000 per year, not only for this year. i've read that they're releasing it in april or around fall i think, so i doubt they'll only sell them for the last half of the year

I want that MazdaSpeed badge from the rear. That'll look so much better on the back of my Speed than the current one. Just hope the brushed finish matches up.

drove one at mazda rev it up. loved it. very easy to drive, gotta be quick on the shifts, first gear flys by you. turbo kicks in sorta late, but overall good car. ive always been a rwd guy until i bought my msp, and the msm makes me miss rwd all that much more. very easy to slide it and gain back control. great car.

I second that on the badge too. I still like my msp badge though. Gotta wonder if Mazda was hesitant to outsource the turbo developement or the possible outsourcee's shuned away from the opp. Nice to see the miata got the racingharts too. Didn't care for them at first but there growing on me.

vodapas77 said:
I want that MazdaSpeed badge from the rear. That'll look so much better on the back of my Speed than the current one. Just hope the brushed finish matches up.
LOL

man, i hear that. i'll probably take off my current MS badge and try to get that one.

Cool! Although I'm honestly suprised it's not faster than a 15.2 in the 1/4 mile. It has more HP than the MSP, it's way lighter, RWD, and it's a 6 speed. My math says that's good for at LEAST high 14's. But then again, C&D guys can't drive.

Kooldino said:
Cool! Although I'm honestly suprised it's not faster than a 15.2 in the 1/4 mile. It has more HP than the MSP, it's way lighter, RWD, and it's a 6 speed. My math says that's good for at LEAST high 14's. But then again, C&D guys can't drive.
I think it's that the C&D guys can't drive, and the gears are a little funky due to the 6-speed. The MSP's 5 is fairly close...it makes the car feel very quick. I know when I ran my fastest (15.351) in the MSP, I had to shift to 4th right at the end of the run...that'll kill ya. If the MSM needs to have one more shift it'll wreck it's time too.

they didn't push those prototypes very hard. i'm pretty damn sure that the MSM will have below a 14 sec 1/4 mile. the variances in performance on these cars don't happen like the MSP.

Back