Car Alarms

GhostMercury

:
MazdaSpeed 3 08.5
So I have never had an aftermarket alarm before, and now I'm looking into them. I want to know what your guys favorite aftermarket alarm is. I like the clifford matrix 12.5 but idk if it's any good, or if there is any better.

I'm looking for an alarm that has
-A 2 way remote that will beep when my alarm is going off
-A display that shows me the car is locked, doors are open, and all the other good stuff
-A pretty good distance for range of remote.

Price isn't to much of an object within reason. I know I'm looking at a high end alarm with a display feature and stuff.

Years and years ago I used to install audio and alarms for Circuit City. It is worth it to pony up and spend $400 on a high quality alarm once and have it done right. So props for already sorting that out. Back then, the Viper VX790 (I think) was the king. One of the first high quality 2 ways with remote start on manuals, once touch window down, optional glass break sensors, microwave motion sensors, etc. DEI owns almost all of the alarm companies (viper, rattler, clifford, black widow, etc) but there is a heircarchy and I wouldn't trust less than viper on my car.

Looking at the website, looks like their newest top of the line is called the 7900. Color display and can start your car and alert from a quarter mile. A friend of mine has the 5900 right now and its basically the same thing with a shorter range and no color screen. Wow, I'm going and going. Had a long day. Chew on that for a while, I'll be back.

Yea I know Im going to be spending like 5-600 dollars but I have had my car messed with multiple times before the MS3 so it will be worth it to be protected by a good alarm system. Plus a 2 way remote might have stopped the vandalism, letting me know to run outside. (I live in an appartment building)

But I know I don't need remote start because 1. I don't really need it, and 2. Its gona be a pain in the ass to install, and alot more to install on a manual car.

Never heard of Python, but Clifford is a good brand.
If you're looking to get the Matrix 12.5x and want added security, I'd say add the:

- Tilt Motion Sensor
- Digital Dual Zone Proximity Sensor
- Smart Self-Powered Siren

Python is also made by DEI, the 990 is the same as the Viper 5900. Check out the reviews, Its the alarm I'm looking to get.

yea the clifford matrix 12.5 is most likely the alarm I will end up getting, but if the matrix 50.5 isn't way to much more then I will get that one because it has a 1 mile radius, I just won't install the remote start. I read all 60 pages of the 12.5 owners manual at work today and it had some good features. When I get back from california I'm going to stop in at my local electronics place because they sell clifford stuff, and this way I could ask someone questions

the only thing I'm worried about after reading the manual for the 12.5 is not knowing how to use the billion functions and s***. I didn't know you could do so much s*** with 4 buttons lol

lol, the only thing i'll be worried about is the shop by-passing the engine immobilizer, and if there's any consequences in doing so :|

not too sure, lol, it was something i read
when you get back to home just ask the installer if there's going to be any problems with the alarm and the factory immobilizer

hey guys i got the 5900 sst on my mazda 3 nad i love it man when i get out of work (walmart) when i clock out i turn on the car so it can cool of by the time i get to my car thats how good the distance is... and i park waaaaaaaaaaaaay in the back lol.... but like one of the guys said they ghave to install it correctly cuz were i got it the alarm wouldnt go off and they tried to tell me the car was too hard lol.... i had to go in and move the sencor and take it up a notch on the sensitivity

well I'm going to a pretty big place around here, I dont trust little shops, and would never go to best buy. But I stop in to see how much it would be installed, and they told me 390 for the Clifford Matrix 12.5. How does that sound?

Back