cant sell the speed3??

dude, are you serious??? That really blows man, seriously. If you look at the ebay records for mazdaspeed3 that are being sold, 2007's are selling anywhere from 15-19k depending on mileage. Sorry dude

Yeah, I think $14K is all the money for my car. I don't see much I'm interested in right now so I'm starting to thinkthat I should go ahead and take the money, bank it, and wait for something I REALLY like to come along...

please show me where you can get a ms3 for 18,900 0% financing, I will trade my car in just to get that deal right there.

Right here in Columbus the are close to that. Buddy of mine just bought an 08.5 just like mine for under $20k with only 500 miles on it, never been titled.

We're going to get some rolling photos tomorrow.

I drive my 00 Civic Si 204K and sold it for 1/3 of what it was originally worth. I say keep the MS3 another year or two and then sell it if you want. Take the money you save from an increased monthly payment and save up for a fat down payment. A well maintained Mazda will go 300K with very little issues, especially a fwy-driven one that rarely sees heavy boost.

Don't forget that Mazda is using the exact same motor in the new MS3; that means at least 6 years of production with the 2.3 DISI. It's likely someone would buy it just for the parts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ///M Compact
I'm not carrying any debt right now, and that's the only thing that keeps me from springing for something really nice.

I hear ya, a man has to dream...i want a 2007+ Z06 sooooo bad. "One of these years, Alice, one of these years....POW! To the moon."

.....and if you know where that quote's from, yer really showing yer age.... (rockon)

dancing days are here again

ohhhh boy, deep into the 3rd st pauli now...yes i'm at home...i was thinking, mebbe it's the chemicals talking, but let's cut the OP some slack? i know some of my posts have been a bit on the acidic side, and now...there's a remarkable disparity btw stuff written in a work environment vs home. ah, relaxation...(drunk)

look, the man has 53k miles and apparently nothing wrong w/ it - maybe we're not giving these cars their full due...it's a helluva deal for the $ - i'm the cheapest sumbitch on earth, and I bought an MS3, that's gotta say something?

for somebody who can't afford new, Alex has a good deal in a well-maintened, highway-driven scooter, no? (smoke)

did u mentioned u put 53k miles on it and its not even 2 years old?? and u r selling it for 15k??? u probably beat the hell out of ur car.......

So, I've had my speed3 for sale for like 4 weeks now posted in various locations, are the speed3's really hard to sell right now? I know the economy is down, but the reports I'm hearing are that used cars are selling great right now.

I have 53k miles on it, but has brand new tires and new brakes on it. The thing is detailed every month, inside and out, and all my miles have been nothing but highway commuting miles. Its a 2007 GT model and I have it posted for $15,900. I feel like anybody that gets a 2007 speed3 for that price is getting a steal, am I wrong?

On a side note, I have been debating on what to get as my next car, I started with the 135i, than went to the 370z, and now am really thinking hard about getting a 2006 GTO. Those things are dirt cheap and I would be getting an LS2 motor. Throw cams and exhaust on that thing and you have one mean driving and sounding car.

I paid 15,200 for my07gt with 36000 and I think I paid 300 to 800 more than I needed to

I feel your pain main, I really do... I got killed trying to sell my very nice S-10 back in fall 2001... No job, two car payments, plus all the other s***... ended up having to do a voluntary repo on it. I wish you better luck than I had!!

the ms3 is a very nice car, there really isn't anything out there better than this for the price of the ms3. Its a deal. There is no need for people to sell this car. If wanting something more economical, you'll certainly get something much slower. If speed is what you need, you'll end up getting bad mpg and a high price for a faster car.

The deal for the ms3 can't be beat, I dont know why people insist they have to sell theirs.

The op says he wants a 370z, nothing special, it will be faster, bug get less mpg and cost much more for insurance and car payment and you'll have much less room. What is the benefit of that decision besides a little more speed? Especially in this economy this seem like a horrible decision to make.

A 135 BMW was also mentioned. That is a nice car, tho repair costs on a BMW are ridiculous, and your car insurance as well as car payment will also go up. Once again why would you make this type of decision>

And the LS2 motor he mentioned, would result in worse mpg, probably higher car payment and car insurance.

I have no clue where people are getting the urge to sell their ms3, the price of it with the room and speed is the best it can be. Unless you've received a huge raise this year while most people didn't in this type of economy, it seems pointless to sell the ms3.

Last edited:
A 135 BMW was also mentioned. That is a nice car, tho[sic] repair costs on a BMW are ridiculous, and your car insurance as well as car payment will also go up. Once again why would you make this type of decision>

I've owned nine BMWs over the last twenty-five years; I currently have three. My running costs for each average $20-$80 per month.

As for insurance, the increased cost for the BMWs I'm considering add up to $12-$35 extra per month.

Car payments? I pay cash.

I bought the MS3 because I thought that a FWD hot hatch would be a fun change of pace for my next instructor car/track rat. It turns out I was wrong; FWD and I just can't get along, so I'm more than ready to return to a RWD Bimmer.

Note that I'm in no way saying that the MS3 is a bad car- it's not. But it turned out to be an extremely poor fit for me.

the ms3 is a very nice car, there really isn't anything out there better than this for the price of the ms3. Its a deal. There is no need for people to sell this car. If wanting something more economical, you'll certainly get something much slower. If speed is what you need, you'll end up getting bad mpg and a high price for a faster car.

The deal for the ms3 can't be beat, I dont know why people insist they have to sell theirs.

The op says he wants a 370z, nothing special, it will be faster, bug get less mpg and cost much more for insurance and car payment and you'll have much less room. What is the benefit of that decision besides a little more speed? Especially in this economy this seem like a horrible decision to make.

A 135 BMW was also mentioned. That is a nice car, tho repair costs on a BMW are ridiculous, and your car insurance as well as car payment will also go up. Once again why would you make this type of decision>

And the LS2 motor he mentioned, would result in worse mpg, probably higher car payment and car insurance.

I have no clue where people are getting the urge to sell their ms3, the price of it with the room and speed is the best it can be. Unless you've received a huge raise this year while most people didn't in this type of economy, it seems pointless to sell the ms3.

how would you figure that a 2006 GTO would get me high monthly car payments? You can get a really nice used GTO for 15-20k depending on miles. That would be a cheaper monthly payment than i'm paying now. LOL

And many magazines and tv shows have shown that the ls2 and up and get 25+ mpg on the highway just by driving it normally. Dude, that's just as good as my speed3. hahaha

My main goal is not to look for speed. My main goal is to get a nice RWD car that is not too old. I doubt that I will get the 370z or the 135i, but the GTO is probably the best bang for buck in the RWD market.

did u mentioned u put 53k miles on it and its not even 2 years old?? and u r selling it for 15k??? u probably beat the hell out of ur car.......

how could I beat the hell out of a car that I used for commutting? Unless I'm doing 100+ mph hour on the highway all the time, I don't see much chance for beating the hell out of it. Never drag raced, never abused, this thing even looks like it was just bought.

Just for comparison sake, I just bought my '08 MS3 with 13k miles for $17.2k from a dealer. I have to agree with others that your mileage is too high for the price (or vise versa).

My bit on the GTO is this.
My brother has a Stage2 SRT-4 with a few other bolt-ons and he absolutely dusted an LS2 GTO on the freeway just a few days ago.
GTO's are boring looking, get awful gas mileage and are fat pigs.

Get a C5 Z06. They're not as cheap, no. But for a few grand more, the only thing you sacrifice from GTO to Z06 would be the nice interior and comfort.
Seriously, you can find the 405bhp (2002 and on) C5 Z06 for under $30k with very reasonable mileage.
Just my .02
Best of luck too.

Just for comparison sake, I just bought my '08 MS3 with 13k miles for $17.2k from a dealer. I have to agree with others that your mileage is too high for the price (or vise versa).
I wish I could find a deal like that. I'm in the market for a MS3 and found a pretty nice 07 GT w/17k miles for $16,000. I'd gladly pay the extra $1200 for an 08.

I wish I could find a deal like that.

keep looking, they're out there. economy sux & ppl are making deals. things are tough in the Triangle, i have a friend in the IT field who's been collecting unemployment for almost a year now...

My bit on the GTO is this.
My brother has a Stage2 SRT-4 with a few other bolt-ons and he absolutely dusted an LS2 GTO on the freeway just a few days ago.
GTO's are boring looking, get awful gas mileage and are fat pigs.

Get a C5 Z06. They're not as cheap, no. But for a few grand more, the only thing you sacrifice from GTO to Z06 would be the nice interior and comfort.
Seriously, you can find the 405bhp (2002 and on) C5 Z06 for under $30k with very reasonable mileage.
Just my .02
Best of luck too.

Have you ever compared the interiors of the two? The GTO is from Australia, and seems to have a better interior with better seats than any other car pontiac has made over the past 10 years.

The c5 z06 still has the bulky cheap plastics and some crappy seats to go along with it.

I said I wasn't looking for speed anymore, and just so everybody knows what cams and an exhaust sounds like, here is a link. I plan on doing the same.

If you don't like that sound, than you must not be a car guy at all, or one of those guys that like the coffee can sound rather than a muscle car sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-6r...layList&p=3A5FE715B34B9549&playnext=1&index=7

also, there are lightly modded GTO's on youtube that beat the c5 z06.

Latest posts

Back