cant sell the speed3??

I usually follow a similar practice, except that I buy a one to three year old used car. I bought my ti new, but I've kept it for almost fourteen years. I've owned the Jeep for seven years and the X3 for almost four. I haven't had the '02 very long, but it's really more of a hobby car to restore and putter around in. Having said all that, I've had the MS3 for almost two years and I'm ready to move on. It's a terrific car, but it's proven to be a very poor fit for me. I'm not carrying any debt right now, and that's the only thing that keeps me from springing for something really nice.

join the club :)

this is another reason you can't sell your car. conversations like this happen.

im getting a ms3 for sure.. just waiting for my tax return right now.. my brother should be doing it tomorrow hopefully

in today's market, getting a new car isn't exactly my idea of a wise decision, especially at your age. ask yourself, where do you see the economy in 5 years. do you see your extra income well spent on a vehicle?

once the Baby Boomers begin to retire, things will get worse.

please show me where you can get a ms3 for 18,900 0% financing, I will trade my car in just to get that deal right there.

Sure, no problem. It was in this last Sunday's paper. I'll dig it out if I still have it, scan it in and email it to you or post it here.

I'm thinking that if you visit that dealer, you'll find that either 1) it's an executive or dealership demo, or 2) Mazda is offering some sort of incentives that 99% of the car buying public isn't eligible for.

I was shopping on line last week and found a 2009 Fusion 5-speed for $14,300. As it turns out, that's the price when you factor in Ford Loyalty discount and an active military discount.

Don't believe everything you see. The details will piss you off when you go through the trouble of looking deeper.

I'm thinking that if you visit that dealer, you'll find that either 1) it's an executive or dealership demo, or 2) Mazda is offering some sort of incentives that 99% of the car buying public isn't eligible for.

I was shopping on line last week and found a 2009 Fusion 5-speed for $14,300. As it turns out, that's the price when you factor in Ford Loyalty discount and an active military discount.

Don't believe everything you see. The details will piss you off when you go through the trouble of looking deeper.

I like the ads where the small print states, "Price reflects buyer down payment of $5000".

The MS3 is more of an enthusiast's car; 53k miles is very high in 2 years for an enthusiast, doesn't matter if you drove it out of boost or not. People are going to have a hard time getting over that mental part. I know, I just sold my Audi S4 that had high-ish mileage on it, and it was slim pickings on people that were interested at my original price. Yet the lower mileage S4's were selling like hotcakes....aaah well.

You are priced too high, admit it, drop it, sell it..... or keep it.

Its easy, if you advertise well and dont sell, it means you are not a good deal.

I always say, look at what stuff sells for on ebay, that is sight unseen market price, you will get a LITTLE more if you sell local, but that means waiting for the right buyer. I have bought and sold my last 4 vehicles on ebay. Excluding the new MS3. It is real world pricing, believe in it, and sell. Disregard it and wait.

i almost sold my car but backed out. before i could remove it from autotrader i had a guy offer me 19k 500 above my asking price unfortunately i found out how much insurance on a 350 and a s2k was gonna cost me.

the first mentality is good, but anybody that is thinking about that is not buying a mazdaspeed3 where an engine replacement costs $10k.

Thus the "take good care of it" part. I have no intention at this point in time in ever selling this car. I'll drive it until it dies and maintain it along the way. You talk about "engine replacement" as something that's expected maintenance. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I won't be going out of my way to blow it up.

If life calls for me to need more utility/space I'll augment it with a beater truck that I will also drive until it dies.

If getting a new car every couple of years in your thing, you should be leasing.

To the OP:

I wouldn't touch a car like this that had 53k on it in two years. That's a lot of miles in very little time, and while I'm sure you did regular maintenance, a private buyer has no real way of knowing that and no recourse if it craps out two weeks later.

Thus the "take good care of it" part. I have no intention at this point in time in ever selling this car. I'll drive it until it dies and maintain it along the way. You talk about "engine replacement" as something that's expected maintenance. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I won't be going out of my way to blow it up.

What he said. (thumb) before the MS3, i kept a 1991 Honda CRX Si for 16 yrs & 91k miles. All i ever did was change oil, 3 batteries, 2 mufflers, and 2 sets of brakes. ran like a dream, didn't burn a drop of il, never left me stranded, engine always started on the 1st twist of the key.

i know this is apples and oranges, turbo vs nonturbo, but i still think i'll be able to keep the MS3 for a goodly # of yrs. 2 of them down so far- no probs whatsoever. (drive2)

I am the kind of guy who loves car's and likes to change them every two - three years, that's why I found a payment range that suites my budget and I lease my car's, if you look at it this way you alway's gonna have a car payment, you either pay the bank or pay a mechanic, the one thing you don't wanna do is pay both, so I do a lease and have warranty foot the mechanical problems. Thank god my MS 6 has been nothing but a sweetheart to me.

I am the kind of guy who loves car's and likes to change them every two - three years, that's why I found a payment range that suites my budget and I lease my car's, if you look at it this way you alway's gonna have a car payment, you either pay the bank or pay a mechanic, the one thing you don't wanna do is pay both, so I do a lease and have warranty foot the mechanical problems. Thank god my MS 6 has been nothing but a sweetheart to me.

that or buy used. :) I think I'm going to stick to the used cars. Plus older cars are so much easier to work with.

I do all my own work so I'm not worried abou the mechanical problems, besides tire replacements and body paint, I can do pretty much everything else.

that or buy used. :) I think I'm going to stick to the used cars. Plus older cars are so much easier to work with.

I do all my own work so I'm not worried abou the mechanical problems, besides tire replacements and body paint, I can do pretty much everything else.

Not everone is mechanically inclined or have the space, time and tools to work on their own car's, in some communities you can't even open your hood without getting a citation. But I agree with you, if I was keeping a car I would definately go used, if you look at the national average used car sales are up 20% over new car sales.

I bought my '08 Speed3 used and am sort of regretting it. Not because it's a bad vehicle. I like it for the most part - still getting acquainted with some of its quirks and noises - but I'd prefer to have a beater and use the money from selling the Speed3 to put into savings. But I know I'd get raped trying to trade it in, and the demand to purchase mine isn't much at all. I haven't put it on cars.com yet, but have tried all of the free venues that I could think of.

I bought my '08 Speed3 used and am sort of regretting it. Not because it's a bad vehicle. I like it for the most part - still getting acquainted with some of its quirks and noises - but I'd prefer to have a beater and use the money from selling the Speed3 to put into savings. But I know I'd get raped trying to trade it in, and the demand to purchase mine isn't much at all. I haven't put it on cars.com yet, but have tried all of the free venues that I could think of.

yeah, i'm hearing that autotrader and cars.com are getting good hits. I'm going to try that next.

cars.com has a deal where if your vehicle doesn't sell, you get your money back. But I think that's the $69 level.

My speed 3 only had 11k miles on it. I ended up having to sell it for $13k.

My speed 3 only had 11k miles on it. I ended up having to sell it for $13k.

dude, are you serious??? That really blows man, seriously. If you look at the ebay records for mazdaspeed3 that are being sold, 2007's are selling anywhere from 15-19k depending on mileage. Sorry dude

He's also in Hawaii, not much you can do when your market is pretty much one state (unless someone wants to throw it on a boat).

Back