cant sell the speed3??

Alexsered

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Gt
So, I've had my speed3 for sale for like 4 weeks now posted in various locations, are the speed3's really hard to sell right now? I know the economy is down, but the reports I'm hearing are that used cars are selling great right now.

I have 53k miles on it, but has brand new tires and new brakes on it. The thing is detailed every month, inside and out, and all my miles have been nothing but highway commuting miles. Its a 2007 GT model and I have it posted for $15,900. I feel like anybody that gets a 2007 speed3 for that price is getting a steal, am I wrong?

On a side note, I have been debating on what to get as my next car, I started with the 135i, than went to the 370z, and now am really thinking hard about getting a 2006 GTO. Those things are dirt cheap and I would be getting an LS2 motor. Throw cams and exhaust on that thing and you have one mean driving and sounding car.

Nobody is buying cars right now. That's a good price but people are hanging on to their money.

53,000 miles on a two year old car is probably what the problem is.
Your car has over four years of average miles on it.
My 2007 GT has just over 20,000 miles on it.
Your price is like $700. over KBB private sale in perfect condition with 53k.
You might have to come off your price if you really want to get some interest in it. Or bite the bullet and work a deal on a trade in. G/L.

You might have to come off your price if you really want to get some interest in it. Or bite the bullet and work a deal on a trade in. G/L.

+1. Way too many miles.

People are paying more than KBB for these cars. I've seen a few on ebay go for 19k and they had around 30k miles on it. I'll playing with the numbers a little bit more, but 53k miles with most of that driving out of boost means this car is still in great condition.

if you want a fast straight line car then v8 rwd ftw

yeah, i want a fast straight line car, plus the sound of a v8, look up some of these cam'd GTO's on youtube, those things sound so sick, plus the HP to back it up.

... I know the economy is down

... but the reports I'm hearing are that used cars are selling great right now...

...I have 53k miles...

Quoted the key points. Yes, demand now is higher for used cars in proportion to new cars, but overall car sales are drastically down. Part of it is people hording their money, the rest is that people can't get financed because banks are hording theirs. And very few people in the market for a used car (one with 53k miles in two years) have $15k in cash to plunk down.

Also keep in mind most people in the used car market are looking for a cheap, economical beater, not a 260hp+ manual (which less and less people know how to drive anymore anyway). If it was a Corolla or Civic w/ an automatic, you'd have an easier time. The MS3 is a niche car in a market where people are thinking about what they need, not what they want.

My advice is to hold onto it until the economy turns around. Otherwise, you're going to get hosed on the deal.

Quoted the key points. Yes, demand now is higher for used cars in proportion to new cars, but overall car sales are drastically down. Part of it is people hording their money, the rest is that people can't get financed because banks are hording theirs. And very few people in the market for a used car (one with 53k miles in two years) have $15k in cash to plunk down.

Also keep in mind most people in the used car market are looking for a cheap, economical beater, not a 260hp+ manual (which less and less people know how to drive anymore anyway). If it was a Corolla or Civic w/ an automatic, you'd have an easier time. The MS3 is a niche car in a market where people are thinking about what they need, not what they want.

My advice is to hold onto it until the economy turns around. Otherwise, you're going to get hosed on the deal.

I would, but by time the economy turns around, I'll have the car payed off and with 200k miles on it. I doubt I'll be able to sell it for anything.

I'm trying to go with GM right now because a good friend of mine is an ASE mechanic for GM and said that any parts I would need would be dirt cheap through him. Unlike the Mazda where the powertrain warrenty goes out and anything goes wrong with this engine, pretty much going to pay an arm and a leg.

But I see your point, I'll just keep it posted until it sells.

Would you be using your new car (135i, 370z, GTO) to commute, too? That's a helluva lot of boring, highway miles chugging to and from work to pile up on a performance car. It's like hunting deer with a rocket launcher, a bit overkill. Why not just get a beater?

Would you be using your new car (135i, 370z, GTO) to commute, too? That's a helluva lot of boring, highway miles chugging to and from work to pile up on a performance car. It's like hunting deer with a rocket launcher, a bit overkill. Why not just get a beater?

My commuting is done now, but the miles have already piled up on the speed3. Even if I drove the national average every year for the next 3 years (15,000 miles) that would put my car at almost 100k miles by the time it's paid off.

So I wont be driving the next car as much, but like I said, if I get the GTO, than I wouldn't care about the mileage, anything goes wrong with it and I can fix it for cheap. The price on those cars are already dirt cheap, so it's not like I'll be losing much money either.

pm me if you want a gto. I have a GTO on my lot 06 black like new. One owner vehicle.

So, I've had my speed3 for sale for like 4 weeks now posted in various locations, are the speed3's really hard to sell right now? I know the economy is down, but the reports I'm hearing are that used cars are selling great right now.

I have 53k miles on it, but has brand new tires and new brakes on it. The thing is detailed every month, inside and out, and all my miles have been nothing but highway commuting miles. Its a 2007 GT model and I have it posted for $15,900. I feel like anybody that gets a 2007 speed3 for that price is getting a steal, am I wrong?

To be perfectly honest, I can get a brand new 2008 MS3 from a dealer here for $18,900 and 0% financing. (I'm not aware of what deals are available at dealerships in your area.) Whatever KBB or NADA says about the value of your car, you've got twice the average number of miles for a two year period on your car and you have to look at the other deals and options potential buyers will have available to them when pricing your used car for sale.

To be perfectly honest, I can get a brand new 2008 MS3 from a dealer here for $18,900 and 0% financing. (I'm not aware of what deals are available at dealerships in your area.) Whatever KBB or NADA says about the value of your car, you've got twice the average number of miles for a two year period on your car and you have to look at the other deals and options potential buyers will have available to them when pricing your used car for sale.

please show me where you can get a ms3 for 18,900 0% financing, I will trade my car in just to get that deal right there.

How much can you get from a dealer as a trade-in or from those Car Cash guys?

My BMW dealer offered $13,500 for my 07 GT with 32,000 miles. I can probably get them to bump that to $14,000. I'm looking at everything from a 2003 540i 6-speed to a 2009 128i Sport to a CPO M3 coupe. In KY if you trade a used car for another used car you only pay the 6% sales tax on the difference- which means trading the car for $14000 would be the same as selling it outright for $14840.

in the 'for what it's worth dept'

i used to know the head of the math dept at a local hs. extremely bright man, older guy, brought up to do calculations in his head. if you look at a car as a means of transportation and want to save $, his advice was: "buy a car new, keep good care of it, and drive it till the wheels fall off."

This man had a 1980something Isuzu diesel pickup w/ 250k miles and still drove it daily. He bought it cash, maintained it carefully, and the last I heard it was still on the road.

If, however, you look at a car as recreation, then all bets are off. You will buy before analyzing, trade up every coupla years, and owe a lot of banks a lot of $. I'm not taking a position for or against, it's just that it struck me in your original post that you're trying to be money-wise YET want a new toy. i don't think the two are compatible.

Personally, I'm still loving my 2007 MS3 and plan to keep it for many yrs to come...and the 2010 MS3 ain't doing nuttin' to reverse my thinking. Ha! (lol2)

i used to know the head of the math dept at a local hs. extremely bright man, older guy, brought up to do calculations in his head. if you look at a car as a means of transportation and want to save $, his advice was: "buy a car new, keep good care of it, and drive it till the wheels fall off."

This man had a 1980something Isuzu diesel pickup w/ 250k miles and still drove it daily. He bought it cash, maintained it carefully, and the last I heard it was still on the road.

If, however, you look at a car as recreation, then all bets are off. You will buy before analyzing, trade up every coupla years, and owe a lot of banks a lot of $. I'm not taking a position for or against, it's just that it struck me in your original post that you're trying to be money-wise YET want a new toy. i don't think the two are compatible.

Personally, I'm still loving my 2007 MS3 and plan to keep it for many yrs to come...and the 2010 MS3 ain't doing nuttin' to reverse my thinking. Ha! (lol2)

the first mentality is good, but anybody that is thinking about that is not buying a mazdaspeed3 where an engine replacement costs $10k.

For the recreational part, if you buy a used car, than you already bought it for cheap and you can't lose that much money for it.

I usually follow a similar practice, except that I buy a one to three year old used car. I bought my ti new, but I've kept it for almost fourteen years. I've owned the Jeep for seven years and the X3 for almost four. I haven't had the '02 very long, but it's really more of a hobby car to restore and putter around in. Having said all that, I've had the MS3 for almost two years and I'm ready to move on. It's a terrific car, but it's proven to be a very poor fit for me. I'm not carrying any debt right now, and that's the only thing that keeps me from springing for something really nice.

Latest posts

Back