can't justify

bill25

After seeing a cx7 went down to check it out. Nice. The ride was fine, the appearance and options were great and the price is good. Then I came home and checked the internet and a consumer guide. The reliability ratings are dismal. I would love to buy one but the reliability ratings on something over 20K have made us look elsewhere.

Attachments

• cx-7 reliability.jpg
    cx-7 reliability.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 194
I know of several with 2007's, which they got in 2006. Both had AC issues, but have well over 50K miles without anything else. 2008's were even better, and the new ones with non-turbo are totally different.

I wonder what internet searches he used!

I like nhta.gov and checking recalls out. Looking at Civics it would make you wonder why any sell!

Besides, lots of people only post about their cars when there is a problem. I am sure the CX-7 people are not that different. I am sure lots have no problems at all.

My 2007 CX7 now has 34,000 trouble free miles. Not sure I understand Bill25s coment or where he got the information. CU had a black dot in two areas which means that 1-3% had some trouble in that particular area.

I haven't had any issues with ours other than the EGR (covered under warranty) and the wheel bearings (still got to do that)(inout) 47k on the clock.

Ok, I am going to research the reliability a little more because I sure like the car. If it isn't reliable then why do most of the customer comments rate it so high, Edmonds 9.3 which is among the highest.

Back