Can I use the Denso ITV22 on Full Stock MS6

zer010gic

Can I use the Denso ITV22 plugs set to .026-.028 on a fully stock MS6 with out any tuning and still operate correctly even though they are a step colder?

Corey

im pretty sure u can. they were the first mod i did on my car and had no issues.

Yep, you shouldn't have any problems if you gap them at the OEM spec.

There's a discussion somewhere (not sure right this minute) regarding spark plugs for the MS6. I'd post in there for more info.

Is .026-.028 the OEM spec I know this is what the Cobb AP documentation asks for. I was wanting to get this done before I got and electronic tuner which would be a good bit later.

Corey

i gapped mine at .028 cause thats what my mazda dealer told me to gap em at. some people on here say to gap them at .032 tho so im not sure..

I have mine gapped at .028 and am running great with them. Just follow your owners manual if you're not running the AP.

So if I gaped them at .028 they would be in line with the OEM as well as the AP documentation?

Also running a step colder in a bone stock MS6 without an AP tuning wont hurt anything or negatively effect the car?

I just want to make sure before I buy the plugs.

Last edited:
It will work better than the stock heat range because you will curb any small hints of detonation that you would have otherwise seen.

In summary, ITV22's on a bone stock MS6 are what I would recommend.

Latest posts

Back