Can i do it myself?????

MazPro5NJ

:
Protege5
Im looking to buy a short shifter. and was wondering if id be able to swap it myself... im no mechanic but still good with my hands and ive done basic work on cars so i figured i could probably pull this off.. so i guess i just wanted to make sure im not getting in over my heads before i take it apart.

Cheers
(nuts)

i did it, nuff said.. lol jk, im actually going to try to rebuild tranny soon, but yeah its really easy just give yourself a few extra hours in case you mess up, so dont expect to go anywhere that night. only trouble spot was the heatshield for me

very very easy i did mine in like 10-15 minutes. go to the twm website they have a little step by step guide

30 minutes here...would have been 15 to 20 had the heatshield not gotten in the way and a bushing being torn.

Took me about 20 min to install. Be carefull of the heat shield that you have to move out of the way. Some of the bolts holding it on wouldnt come out and just kept spinning. If it wasnt for that, it would have gone faster.

took less than 10 min with a friend, but the only thing he did was hold the shifter in place while i aligned it to bolt it at the bottom. Thanks to TWM for the easy step by step on that one too.

It can be done within 20 minutes. Super easy job. I'd heed thecrash91's warning though. Do give yourself at least an hour or two to get it done just in case something breaks or you run into a problem. The snap ring gave me some trouble coming off and going on. Avoid using a snap ring tool with interchangeable tips.

It can be done within 20 minutes. Super easy job. I'd heed thecrash91's warning though. Do give yourself at least an hour or two to get it done just in case something breaks or you run into a problem. The snap ring gave me some trouble coming off and going on. Avoid using a snap ring tool with interchangeable tips.

Yes your right...I had a same problem snap ring is a b**** to get it off... I used the same interchangeable tips, but the heatshield doesn't bother me I just used 12mm 3/8 drive you don't even need to move the heat shield is doable...

the snap ring is the hardest part. once the car is up it can easily be done in 5 or 10 minutes.

Back