Can FS rods fit the FP crank?

I don't remember where I have the specs, but the rod length is different so it's not a direct swap.

I know tan the fs ones are a little longer but i wan to know if they fit on the fp crank.
The bearing are supose to be the same

99.9% Sure they are the same. From what I remember the only difference was the length. I wish I had access to my other computer so I could copy the info for you :/

I find some info that the fp rods are 5.087' an FS ones are 5.315' so if they fit an fp block we are talking about 1.588 rod ratio
thats nice.
has anyone try this??

You will still need to raise the wrist pin otherwise your valves will probably be dancing like bongo drums on the top of your pistons.

Not sure whether you will be able to raise the wrist pin the 0.228 inches to get them to the same level at TDC as they were with the stock fp rods.

I've been wanting to build a franken engine like this for some time. My plan was to run an FS block (higher deck height), with FS rods and an FP crank. I can't remember what I found for pistons but the rod ratio for the FP crank with FS rods is really promising.

I've been wanting to build a franken engine like this for some time. My plan was to run an FS block (higher deck height), with FS rods and an FP crank. I can't remember what I found for pistons but the rod ratio for the FP crank with FS rods is really promising.

Yeah, you can use an FP crank and run longer rods, which will allow you to run a higher rev limit ( = more powa!). Of course, there are a myriad of supporting mods required for a high-revving engine.

Using the FP crank will reduce torque but there are top end gains to be made :)

You will still need to raise the wrist pin otherwise your valves will probably be dancing like bongo drums on the top of your pistons.

Not sure whether you will be able to raise the wrist pin the 0.228 inches to get them to the same level at TDC as they were with the stock fp rods.

What about shavin the pistons??

The fp crank bolts on a fs block?

If, You can get 5.400 long rods an have a 1.613 rod ratio
the bp engine is 1.56 an with forged rods they hit 9k

Take a look of this

Block Rod length Stroke Rod ratio
D16A6, Z6, Y7, Y8 137mm 90mm 1.52:1
B16A1, A2, A3 134.4mm 77.4mm 1.74:1
B17A1 131.9mm 81.4mm 1.62:1
B18A1, B1, B20B4 137mm 89mm 1.54:1
B18C1, C5 138mm 87.2mm 1.58:1
H22A1 143mm 90.7mm 1.58:1
H23A1, A4 141.5mm 95mm 1.49:1
K20A, A2 139mm 86mm 1.62:1
K24A 152mm 99mm 1.54:1

some b18 engine see 10k with that rod ratio

There not interchangeable no.

carifresco, your forgetting the oiling required to reach these sort of rpms :)

Back