can anyone help me out?

BostonAmy

I am going this Saturday to finally test drive the 7 and hopefully drive off the lot with one. I would like a print out of all the recalls and bulletins posted for this car. I think this would be very beneficial to make sure everything was performed before hand. I was searching the internet (obviously not the right sites) and couldn't come up with anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

check http://www.mcx7.com

The discussion under issues and problems on the other CX-7 forum I visit has them all, I think thanks to Alpha Wolf.

The bulletins I'm aware of are for:
the door seal
turbo lag
gas cap

I brought copies to my dealer in hopes that they will address them during my appointment Friday. (The faulty door seals are particularly annoying for me.)

Sorry I don't have the direct links handy (or am too lazy).

I hope it all works out for you. It's a really fun car to drive and gets lots of admiring looks.

Wow there has been alot of posts on leasing,purchase deals that seem to have been deleted, I think even a dealer was trying to help. All the TSB-bulletins done on delivery, that will not happen as the car needs to be In-service and the owner making a valid complaint and the cars Vin&Production being within the TSB. Some TSB's may not even apply to a recently built CX7-there mostly on early built versions of the CX7, read all of them first at the TOP concerning affected cars and look at the CX-7 Production date your looking to Buy first. Keep in mind they are not recalls, some dealers service depts. are getting pissed at these TSB's, as owners are demanding them done and they do not meet the vin or production cut-offs ie.. door seals, there's one Official Mazda RECALL, the fuel cap which most fuel caps by now are done especially on the BRAND new CX-7's and the new ones are already revised. I had no help on my purchase its all the #'s your comfortable with and the time you have to drive around or make calls. The dealers make there living by making money and moving "units". I wish you the best of luck if its meant to be it will be. If you don't feel comfortable with the CX-7 and its little quirks I highly recommend another make/model my 2 cents again I don't mean to sound harsh but its the plain facts car buying Sucks :) no matter where you go its just what salesperson can kiss a$$ the best.

Last edited:
^^ me too.

I've actually developed a nice relationship with my dealership (they have been great) and the service manager flat-out told me they DO NOT like it when people come in demanding TSBs be addressed or PCM updates be done for no other reason than because the person read about it online. That's not how it works... you're supposed to have a problem first, then a fix... not a fix for problems you don't have.

My dealership appreciates that I've been knowledgeable but NOT demanding and I never start a conversation with "I heard on the internet" nor by handing him print-outs from random websites.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
I'm sorry, I probably should of been more specific. I'm not looking to shove the TSB's in their face and demand that they are done, I am just looking to get the dates that are effecting the vehicles so I can basically check the window sticker. Sorry I just figured it would be beneficial when looking at purchasing a new car.

I think there is a definitve difference between walking in and demanding TSBs need to be addressed and asking them nicely if they can check for other potential issues while the car is there for service. Some dealers do it automatically, or at least that has been my experiance with the dealers I have used now and in the past like Honda, Dodge, Mitsubishi and Volkswagon. I have no prior experiance with Mazda though it is the same service dept. that used to do work on a different car I used to own.

I would hate to bring my car in for service to get one item fixed because I am aware of it and then have to bring it back a second time because something else failed shortly that could have been avoided or I get a notice in the mail that there is a recall that could have been addressed the first time. In my case there aren't any Mazda dealers close to home and the one on the way to work is closed and doesn't offer early drop off with a drop box to leave the keys. I literally have to take time off from work or bring the car in the night before it is scheduled for service. This means both my wife and taking two cars to go to work and paying for parking on both cars to sit all day until I can stop by the dealer that evening to drop it off.

So yes, for me it is important to get as much done in one sitting. I plan to look for a more convenient dealer once I get the autolock feature enabled since my dealer wasn't able to get it done when I picked it up originally.

I agree with Remington. It is frustrating to have to go back and forth to the dealer. I bought my car on the 21st and have already had to have it in twice. And I have to bring it back a third time once the door seals that are on back order come in.

What is particularly frustrating is that I noticed the door seal problem days after buying the car. When I mentioned the problem, the dealer acted all surprised, which is ridiculous given the bulletin out there & the fact my car is clearly within the covered VINs.

No one wants to be a jerk when they go to their dealer for service, and I'm sure most people try to be polite & patient. But when you get the run around, it is very useful to have a Mazda bulletin to bring the conversation to a close and ensure that they don't try to charge you for something they shouldn't. Where I live, there is one Mazda dealer period. I can't choose the one with the best service, I have to do what I can to ensure I get it.

I agree that you should only fix things that need to be fixed, I don't think that's a real debate. But there is also nothing wrong with someone asking a dealer about the turbo lag fix, given all the negative press that the CX-7's low rpm turbo lag has received. It can be good for the buyer and seller to have an informed discussion about what Mazda has done to address the problems some have had. We all know this is a first model year. The existence of bulletins is nothing anyone should have to dance around.

I had not experienced any problem dealing with my stealership regarding the TSBs. I already had them checked the issue on the gas cap, enabling the autolock, hesitation/PCM update, and the door seal. They have already ordered the part for the door seal although they said it is on back order (any truth on this?). You have to let them know though that you are actually experiencing a problem like when I brought the car for the PCM update, the service rep asked me "Are you really having concerns with the hesitation or you just want the PCM update done because of the bulletin?"

My take is, I'll have them know of the TSBs as much as possible. I don't really care how they feel about it. It is your investment. They didn't care how much you got robbed when you bought the car, do they?

I don't shove the TSB in their face and demand a fix, but handing them a copy and saying, "I have this problem, and I'd like it fixed" saves a lot of time. I've got a pretty good relationship with the service department here even though I didn't buy either of my Mazdas at this dealership. It might help that I have still have two, and get both of them serviced there.

Shaz said:
I had not experienced any problem dealing with my stealership regarding the TSBs. I already had them checked the issue on the gas cap, enabling the autolock, hesitation/PCM update, and the door seal. They have already ordered the part for the door seal although they said it is on back order (any truth on this?). You have to let them know though that you are actually experiencing a problem like when I brought the car for the PCM update, the service rep asked me "Are you really having concerns with the hesitation or you just want the PCM update done because of the bulletin?"

My take is, I'll have them know of the TSBs as much as possible. I don't really care how they feel about it. It is your investment. They didn't care how much you got robbed when you bought the car, do they?

I agree, it is our investment and we need to do what's best for us. I always give the dealer the benefit of the doubt and try the reasonable approach first and that is discussing my concerns or issues.

I guess what I'm not clear in the whole discussion about demanding TSBs be addressed and the PCM update, is whether or not this is a problem or just a fix for people who don't like turbo lag. Shouldn't everyone have the latest PCM revision update? I would imagine all vehicles being produced going forward have the latest update or is this not a real problem and just a matter of preference? I would also think it was a required update since any further updates would include all past updates. Same with the door gaskets. If we have the old gasket design shouldn't we have it changed even if we don't notice the problem? Maybe I am missing something here or perhaps because I have a quality assurance background I assume that if a design issue exists than the gasket is either a poor design or it isn't. Based on the change in design of the gasket I have seen in the TSB I conclude that there is no halfway mark in a poor design issue where some gaskets will exhibit the problem and some won't.

I have yet to experiance any issues with a dealer when I inquire about a problem I have heard about it and ask them to check it while it is in for service. Also, if they don't know or act like they don't know about the problem I see nothing wrong with confirming to them that you are aware of a TSB.

Nothing wrong with letting them know of the TSB. You just need to tell them in a professional manner courteously and present them that it is your concern and you are experiencing problems with regards to the TSB.

Since I'm still waiting for the parts for my door seal (they're on backorder I was told), I decided to go to another dealership. I showed them the dirt accumulation and showed them a copy of the Service Bulletin. He said he'll go ahead and order the parts since they don't have it on stock. He also asked if he can have the copy since nobody has come forward for this TSB.

Back