camshafts for NB6

i've been looking for long to find camshafts for my NB6 miata and it seems that nobody is producing for this engine!does anybody know where i can find camshafts for it or if is it possible to fit aftermarket cams of NA6 on my engine?

thanx both for the sites but as i see they both have camshafts for 1990-97 1.6L :( i've send to both e-mail so they will let me know if there is any model that fits my engine.

it should be the same motor in the NB6, as the NA6. from pictures i've seen at least.

i thought the same but i think there is a difference because of the sensor in front of the camshafts on NB. in NA i think it is on the otherside. with some modifications and reprofiling you can fit them but i prefer guaranteed products.

i just received the following e-mail from integralcams:

Hi George:
Yes we make cams for this engine. The most popular is the stage 2 cam for the 1.6 litre engine. It works with the stock hydraulic lifters and valve springs and bolts in just like the stock cam. We have them in stock. The cost is $575 for the cams + $15 ground shipping = $590 total. When you are ready to order, please call me at the number below or you can FAX your order if it is after hours.
Thanks,Steve Gruenwald
Integral Cams212 E. County Road 1Dundas,
MN. 55019
Ph. 507-645-9308FAX 507-645-9356

i miss the days of $75 cams for my Poncho.

I just looked at your other picture. That sensor isn't on the US spec 1.6l, but looks like it's on the cam gear, not the cam itself.

as far as i know is at the back side of the engine. $75 for camshafts?! sweet jesus!

my new problem is that the camshafts that they offer are 254 degrees. the stock camshafts are 248 so as you can see they wont make much difference. i send a reply mail asking for camshafts with 260 degrees. if they have Aricjm15 has just saved me :) any feedback for this option?

here is what i was talking about. the CAS is located on the back of the intake cam, just like on US spec 1.6l. but you have another sensor on the front. From it's position, it's located on the cam gear itself.

-edit- actually looking at that picture, that looks like a 1.8l. that is your car, right? I pulled it from one of your other posts...

Yeah, Domestic v-8 parts are cheap. a decent 'street' cam now is about $130, A decent 'race' cam is about $300 with new lifters.

Attachments

• fordred.jpg
    fordred.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
The electronics could be different on the Euro cars. but i was noticing the intake manifold, and the thermostat housing.

Master cylinder's on the 'wrong' side too :p (I'm assuming it's RHD...)

here is what i was talking about. the CAS is located on the back of the intake cam, just like on US spec 1.6l. but you have another sensor on the front. From it's position, it's located on the cam gear itself.

-edit- actually looking at that picture, that looks like a 1.8l. that is your car, right? I pulled it from one of your other posts...

Yeah, Domestic v-8 parts are cheap. a decent 'street' cam now is about $130, A decent 'race' cam is about $300 with new lifters.

yes that is my engine. its 1.6L i was refering at the NAs when i said that i think the sensor is at the back side.

Master cylinder's on the 'wrong' side too :p (I'm assuming it's RHD...)

yeap, cyprus, japan and uk are always rhd :)

like i said, I don't see why it wouldn't work. That front sensor is on the cam gear itself, so just swap it.

yes i understand what you're saying. the problem i believe will be at the back side where camshafts must be shorter on NAs. i'll check it out of course and i surely hope you are right!

why would the cam be shorter? the head is the same.

Back