Cams for MP3

1FastMP3

Hi, everybody new here. I would like to know since the Ford Focus ZX3 is a 2.L and so is our car will the Crower cams and Venom cam gears work? Everybody has told me that it will so I got tired of waiting for somebody to produce some high-performance parts so I went ahead and ordered. Any ways what do ya'll think. The cam gears came in yesterday waiting on cams to come in and i will post to. We'll see what happens.

I'm willing to bed that the cams won't work. Who knows if the cam gears will or not, but since the focus motor doesn't have cam angle sensors on the factory cam gears, I don't think it will work. Good Luck

Cams??

Does anyone have a dyno chart reflecting the differences in Torque/HP specs of the factory cams vs. the Sport 20 cams or the mazdaspeed cams?

Re: Cams??

frostsg said:
Does anyone have a dyno chart reflecting the differences in Torque/HP specs of the factory cams vs. the Sport 20 cams or the mazdaspeed cams?

Not on this board...Well, not specifically just the cams.

Welcome 1fast. I'd be surprized if they fit, the motors aren't at all alike. Bit it sure is nice to here someone has the balls to try though. I hope it works out, and please let us know if it does.

Actually I changed my mind about installing them. I was sleeping last night and it hit me. Sell em, get money back, and talk to either Crane or Cower to see if they will grind me a set of cams to fit my car. You know they can grind anything you want to fit any car. So there you have it. You got the money talk to them to see what they will do. I can see that nobody in the aftermarket world gives a damn about our car so instead of siiting around and waiting for somebody to make something hell i'm gonna make something happen for my car. It makes me sick that people are taking up for the Ford Focus ZX3 and go ignore our MP3. Hell our car could run circles and clean the floor with a ZX3 just if somebody was to show it some attention to make it produce some H.P. So instead of sitting back I'm gonna take the lead. Sick of ZX3 and Civics :mad:

yes you can try if you want to really really see how much your motor can resist...i wouldn't recommend mix and matching parts...especially if they're not made for your car...

when parts are made they are designed and tested over and over to match YOUR car no other...so i wouldn't recommend doing swaps like this...

Did u not read my recent post! I said I am gonna sell em' and go to Crane to have them match a st of cams that WILL fit MY CAR with the duration that I want OH Never Mind

1FastMP3 said:
Did u not read my recent post! I said I am gonna sell em' and go to Crane to have them match a st of cams that WILL fit MY CAR with the duration that I want OH Never Mind
Dude as a moderator I have to tell you to chill out. Thats not a good way to make friends around here.

what are the specs on the zx3? i thought the zx3 would have some better specs, maybe not in handling and such but hp, 0-60 and stuff like that. if it does have some better specs, how exactly would "we" run circles around them? btw, how much are you getting charged to get custom cams? or you havent gotten a quote yet?

Back