Camber in left rear tire is off

Lani

:
Mazda 3S
I recently took my car in and had four new tires put on my 2002 Protege ES. I was looking at the alignment report -- before & after measurements and everything with the exception of the left rear tire seems to have been corrected. The camber for the left rear tire is in red and it's 0.5 and 0.10 for the toe. The right rear is in green and it's -1.5 for the camber and 0.10 for the toe. Is this something I should be concerned about- i.e. can cause uneven wear etc. on my vehicle? Or is this normal?

I am especially concerned because back in Feb. I hopped a curb and the left rear tire & suspension were damaged but has since been fixed. Maybe not properly.. but it was supposed to have been.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Define "fixed". Since camber isn't adjustable on these cars, I'm going to guess something's not right. -1.5 is a CRAPTON of camber for these cars. Normally they're in the 0 to -.5 range. The toe should be able to be fixed through the stock adjusters, unless something's bent beyond the point of being able to fix that.

Define "fixed". Since camber isn't adjustable on these cars, I'm going to guess something's not right. -1.5 is a CRAPTON of camber for these cars. Normally they're in the 0 to -.5 range. The toe should be able to be fixed through the stock adjusters, unless something's bent beyond the point of being able to fix that.

Thanks for the response.

I agree with everything you just said so I took my car back to Town Fair Tire. Camber is not adjustable. However he said because it's a "minor" issue it's not worth fixing. But when I told him what had a happened in the accident and how it should have been fixed properly he said "Oh yeah well, get it checked and see that they can do." So I'm going to take my car back to the Mazda Dealership and have them check it. With my luck if I don't do that, this will come back to bite me in the ass in the future-- Town Fair Tire will use it as an excuse not to honor the warranty on my tires. Ugh!

absolutely. If the alignment's not in spec, chances are they wouldn't warranty them if you had to use that.

Back