Calling everyone with Short Shifters....

Yeah, i sure would like to know this too, because i had one that i bought and tried to make fit, but the material was too thick, and the plastic cover piece wouldn't stay down.

I am actually working on making my own out of suede if you guys would be interested. I will post pics when I am done. Should have it done this weekend. Gotta get the highpower sewing machine from mom to go through the suede. BTW I saw many other colors of suede at the fabric store. I am doing black but other colors are possible. 2 things I think are a must is that it uses the stock mounting plate thing with the slits in the boot and 2 that it ties at the top to give you the ability to tighten it as much as you wish and accomadate more styles of knobs. BTW I have the Sparco Techno knob and twm short shifter.

cut

i have the kartboy short shifter, and a sparco, shift knob,
i just took a new shift boot and took the center console apart, remove the black piece that surrounds the shifter, and where there is the mounting spots for the screws i cut the leather to slide over that, and screwed the black peice back down.
then put everything back together.
i'll try to get pictures of this to show.

thanks
Shawn

Re: cut

MP3_boy said:
i have the kartboy short shifter, and a sparco, shift knob,
i just took a new shift boot and took the center console apart, remove the black piece that surrounds the shifter, and where there is the mounting spots for the screws i cut the leather to slide over that, and screwed the black peice back down.
then put everything back together.
i'll try to get pictures of this to show.

thanks
Shawn

any word on the pictures?

bad picture, but mite help for now

/members/MP3_boy/shifter1006.bmp/members/MP3_boy/shifter1008.bmp

these are the only 2 i could get todat, i have a reallly bad cam rite now, and i gotta study for finla for university now, so i will get back to you with more in a fw days, keep reminding me!

I just cut my stock one and stretched it down as much as I could. It did help some and I don't feel like paying for a new boot... yet.

Back