Calling all cops styling?!

(boom01) calling all cops styling... strange indeed, :bs: perhaps you could say so if it's red otherwise to me nothing about the body/styling screams: pull me over (eyeballs) (eyeballs) :bs:

great read...but apparently not all great minds think alike. Motor Trend also ran a comparo test in the feb issue, and in their opinion, the VW GTI is the winner, Cobalt #2, and our pride & joy took #3. the dodge caliber was LAST. <insert demonic laughter> (laugh)

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sports/112_0903_sport_compact_car_comparison/index.html

I was about to be a bit surprised then I realized it was "Motortrend" doing the comparo. They're obviously a bunch of noobs. What's even funnier is that when the Civic SI & VW GTI first came out "Motortrend" gave the win to the Civic SI albeit a close call.. Now the Civic Places 5th and the VW GTI places 1st over cars that clearly kicks its ass except for maybe interior. I don't know about you guys but interior wasn't on top of the list when I was shopping for a sports compact. Performance was!! WTF are these ppl smoking picking the GTI as the best car? Blows my mind..lol

Last edited:
Strange assessment. One of the reasons I was attracted to the MS3 (especially in Metro Grey) was that I thought it looked like a grocery getter & would therefore not garner undue attention on the road. (Unlike the '05 MINI Cooper S I was driving- the blue one in my sig)

Strange assessment. One of the reasons I was attracted to the MS3 (especially in Metro Grey) was that I thought it looked like a grocery getter & would therefore not garner undue attention on the road. (Unlike the '05 MINI Cooper S I was driving- the blue one in my sig)

The MS3 looks a bit more aggressive sporting (18’rims, rear spoiler, fairly aggressive fender flares, and bulging hood) than the cartoon picture of it you have in your signature would suggest and vice versa for the Mini which is just cute in real life with the exception being maybe the “hood scoop” but I guess that can draw attention as well (being cute). lol! I just noticed that the "Minis" in your signature have massive rims compared to the MS3 as well (the MS3 has way bigger rims in real life than that of the Mini). It's almost like whoever created that artwork or whatever had a massive hard on for Minis and something against the MS3 IMO.

Last edited:
this is more than life.....it's the intarweb....serious business

Back on topic.....I've never seen a mitsu GT look like that, is that how they're coming off the line?

The MS3 looks a bit more aggressive sporting (18rims, rear spoiler, fairly aggressive fender flares, and bulging hood) than the cartoon picture of it you have in your signature would suggest and vice versa for the Mini which is just cute in real life with the exception being maybe the hood scoop but I guess that can draw attention as well (being cute). lol! I just noticed that the "Minis" in your signature have massive rims compared to the MS3 as well (the MS3 has way bigger rims in real life than that of the Mini). It's almost like whoever created that artwork or whatever had a massive hard on for Minis and something against the MS3 IMO.

The guy who made my sig banner has nothing against MS3's, he just doesn't do MS3's. He did that as a one-off favor for me as I was trading in my '05 MCS for the '09 MS3, because I have been extremely active in the MINI community over the years. His main line is MINIs, so yeah, he put more detail into the MINI art. And if you look, the MS3 is smaller overall than the MINIs in my sig, so the relative size of everything, not just the rims, is off.

I still think the MS3 is fairly subdued from a styling standpoint. I don't find the fender flares or hood bulge very noticeable, and the spoiler, well... spoilers that size are available from dealers on dozens & dozens of vehicles. And I am glad that the MS3 doesn't scream for attention, frankly.

... DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER?
Ours do. In fact, almost without exception, the cats prefer the dogs to the other cats. (yes) Not uncommon in our house to see a cat sacked out on/near one of the dogs on the couch.

Back