Calipers painted today

Roywhitep5

:
2007 350z
Natey and i had a fairly productive day today
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=865562&postcount=5631

natey cane up with a great way for painting calipers. we used dupli-color hi temp spray paint. its great

1.first sand off the protective coating
2. spray the hight temp paint into a soda can cut in half
3. set the paint in the sun for a few minutes. doing this will cause the paint to thicken, thus keeping the paint from running.
4. paint with a small brush and sponge brush
5. apply as many layers as needed till the caliper looks like its rubber coated

next i think i'll do my valve cover

very nice, i may use that method instead of straight spray painting the color on this next time, did you have to let it dry longer between coats since you were brushing it on? I mean I would assume when brushing it on it gives thicker coats so does it require longer dry time? Kinda help from having to mask everything off too.

BTW where did you get your C/F intake? Looks nice and I assume it stays cooler than metal.

if you spray the paint into a cup and let it sit, it gets real thick and drys super fast.

the cf intake is actually 3in aluminum piping wrapped in cf. i dunno about heating issues but it has the largest piping of anything else on the market. i bought it off of apexistud's wrecked mp3 for like $75:D horay for taking advantage of devestated people(2thumbs)

Last edited:
The Happy Painter

Thinking about Darrylls 300 dollar intake that he weasled for 70 bucks:
i=wMzQ1MDgxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

APEXistud said:
Actually, that intake used to be mine...Roy took advantage of me after I got into my car accident. I payed $300 for it back in 2001 and Roy only payed like $80 or something.
muahahahhaha:D

Latest posts

Back