Cai

bryan_giovana

:
2003 Vivid Yellow P5
I'm wanting to install a CAI on my P5, but I'm a little worried about sucking in water.

Doesn't the CAI go right down into the wheel well?

Has anyone had any experience with this like sucking in water?

Bryan

I persoanlyl havent heard so... but do a search and you will find LOTS ont he topic... yes, i do see a greater chance, but then again you have to be in VERY deep water...... the little that might pass through your air filter will not be a problem.

if its a HUGE concern, get an AEM bypass. fixed problem.

However, unless you COMPLETELY submerge the filter, it wont be too much of a problem.

bryan_giovana said:
So normal rain and puddles wouldn't be a problem you think?

ive driven in downpours NO PROBLEMS. its kind of shielded (the filter) from the ground. its not 100% open on the bottom. The bottom of the wheel well is closed.

Pd Audio, what did you pay for your INJEN CAI if you don't mind?

Did it make a noticiable difference in the top end? Mileage?

i paid $192 for the MP3/P5 CAI.
MUCH better sound, throttle response. I'd get it much faster if i knew how sweet it was, good mod :)

I have a custom made CAI and I have no problem with it here in Canada and last week, a fckn big rainstorm just tried to stop me but it didn't!!! The only thing that I can suggest to you is to isolate the mud-guard becuz my filter was a littlebit wet and water ingestion is not very good for our poor beautiful carz !!!
See ya

i too have no probs with my custom cai. driven through rainstorms and snow with no probs. obviously don't go driving your car into a lake and you'll be fine.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass mod, but we are trying to clean up all the forums to make it easier to search for items, and less cluttered. In the future, please post in the appropriate forum...example - Intakes, dispite being for the Protege5, belong in the performance section. Buying a carbon fiber hood for your Protege5 belongs in the Appearance section. If you raced someone in your Protege5 it still belongs in the Racing/Motorsports section. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints, feel free to PM me at any time.

Thanks again for your patience as we clear up the forums to make it better for you!

This is going to the performance section.

Back