C/F Wishlist??

Natey

Contributor
Patron
C/F Wishlist??

I've got a friend who knows how to work with C/F. In fact, he does it for a living(making skimboards & surfboards).

I've been bugging him about making some C/F goodies for our cars, and I think he's ready to begin. What we need are IDEAS on what to produce. Keep in mind that skimboards are pretty much flat and oval, so Mitch(my buddy) doesn't have much experience with intricate parts.

...I was thinking a good first product would be either:
1. Door Sills
2. Rear step bumper guard.
3. Moonroof deflector
4. Maybe a splitter for the front lip ala Spicy MSP

Anyone else have an idea for a simple C/F part?

Also, if anyone has any of these parts laying around, like if you bought some Momo sills, or whatever, hook us up so that we can make a mold out of it!

-Natey

an addition to the rear of the protege 5, like a simple lip. at this moment, only the mintblue rear is available... too much money.
rsx_02_up_b_bomex_carbon_type_uad512_splitter_01.jpg

like AD-512, but for the rear

or a nice priced cf splitter
bodykit_u_cwings_carbon_type_middle_splitter_09.jpg

cool post - chris

or like this (orange)
impreza_02_b_rays_type_gram_lights_rb_02.jpg

idk? something to dress up the cars exterior - chris

I know they are complex pieces, but I'd really love to see these 2 things made in CF for the Protege:

291003-Civic 14.jpg

rear diffuser
291003-Kaminari.jpg

Kaminari reverse scoop CF hood

(uhm)A rear lip seems to be the most wanted part.

How about an OEM style c/f rear lip like DGM makes?
protege_rear.jpg

I don't know if we're ready to design stuff, but I'm pretty sure we could make a c/f copy of something. Something simple.;)

What everyone wants and what everyone is willing to pay for are two different things. Lots of people were "interested" in SpicyMSP's CF splitter, and why not? It looks damn good. But when she threw out the price tag of $215 shipped, no one bit. Don't get me wrong, in no way I am saying that she is overcharging, after all, she and the person who makes those parts must make a profit. I don't doubt that CF parts are expensive to produce, so may you should throw out some prices.

As for what CF products I would like to see, a 2003 MSP replica splitter that sticks out as far as SpicyMSP's, maybe even 1/2 inch farther. I'd like for the splitter to contour the lines of my front bumper.

Edit: Replica AutoExe grill too. =)

Edit #2: Ideally, the CF splitter would be $150 and the CF grill would be $100. I can dream, can't I? =P

Last edited:
I'm with you gizzard!!(yes)
That's what this is all about.(uhm) Why is C/f so damn expensive? True, the materials are more expensive than fiberglass and the stuff is tougher to work with, but we're hoping to produce this stuff in Mitch's garage so the overhead won't be much at all.

Plus, he's got a hook-up on cloth.;)

Black Majik MSP said:
I know they are complex pieces, but I'd really love to see these 2 things made in CF for the Protege:

291003-Civic 14.jpg

rear diffuser
291003-Kaminari.jpg

Kaminari reverse scoop CF hood

You make that hood and I will buy 2. As for teh grill DG is working on it already should be out soon.

natey.. hollah atcha boy. -=) i got some ideals for u..
dash kit like the one dg makes? and i got a lil cheapy half din gaugeholder you might wanna make in cf.. it holds 3 gauges.. hit me up on aim when u see me an well talk -=)

hmm true gizzard and natey. cant be too nuts, sorry hehe. just wanted to post my wild ideas lol. hmm no idea wut u could make, but ill be watching this post, gl - chris

just wondering.. how much would your friend charge for a full set of door sills? DGM is charging 130 or something liek that for just a pair.. and the sills in the back are a little shorter too, if i were changing out the sills.. id want all 4 done.

Latest posts

Back