bypass valve activation...

RiP 8/23/07

:
Electric Blue FWD GT cx7
I just installed a hks valve and I only notice it activateing when I let off the gas not between shifts... I'm thinking its cause its an automatic and you dont let off the gas like in manual cars you let off the gas every time before you shift... just trying to make shure I didn't do anything wrong when I did it...

its because of the auto tranny, in a normal stick car you could be letting go of the gas between shifts hence the noise... but in an auto car you wont let go and therefore there isnt any noise.

if there is no real big loss of air when it shifts then there shouldn't be a big problem running VTA cause the motor doesn't need air if your letting off the accelerator... but on a speed3 or any manual turbo there would be a big problem cause under high boost between shifts you would need that air... just my thought process... I am enjoying the faces I get in the parking garage at work when I let off the gas and people hear the valve... priceless.(shocked)

A BOV/BPV only vents when you let off the throttle in either manual or automatic. It just so happens that you let off the gas when you shift a manual. The vented air is still reading on the MAF, but it never makes it to the cylinder. The car is going to try to send enough fuel to match the air it thinks is coming in...

Back