Buzzing from under the hood

First_Mazda

:
2014 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
Good morning everyone. Been looking on here for quite some time but now I need to actually ask a question. I've had my '14 CX-5 GT for about 6 weeks now and noticed something yesterday. While in the garage I pushed the ignition to the on position (engine off) I noticed buzzing coming from under the hood. It sounded similar to the HID ballasts powering up, thing is, the lights were off. I've done some research and the only thing I can find is people talking about buzzing after shutdown which is buzzing from the EPS system. Considering the vehicle wasn't started I'm not sure if the noise I'm hearing is the EPS, doesn't make sense for the EPS to activate if the engine isn't actually running. Anyone have any input on this?

Last edited:
No input. But, I have noticed the same thing. It goes away at some point, becuase it is not buzzing the next time I go to start it. I have not been inclinded to research it.

Power still gets sent to the EPS for a short period of time after shut off. Hence the reason it is still assisted with the car in "OFF" position right after shut down.

Last edited:
Power still gets sent to the EPS for a short period of time after shut off. Hence the reason it is still assisted with the car in "OFF" position right after shut down.

Right, except this isn't after shut down. Let's say I want to mess with the stereo settings before leaving to go somewhere, rather than starting the engine and wasting a little gas I would turn the accessory power on. When doing so, the buzzing starts, so the engine was never on, does power still get sent to the EPS? It was my assumption that power would only get sent to the EPS after the engine has been started.

Back