Buying Brakes

LionofZion

:
2007 MazdaSpeed 3 GT
Hey, where have you guys bought your brake pads/rotors? I was about to buy some from ad***** auto because they were running a sale but after reading some reviews on their various brands, etc, and comparing them with prices on amazon and other places, I wasn't thoroughly comfortable with buying them. I'd appreciate some feedback on everything from generics to brembos, pads and rotors. Thanks

Hey, where have you guys bought your brake pads/rotors? I was about to buy some from ad***** auto because they were running a sale but after reading some reviews on their various brands, etc, and comparing them with prices on amazon and other places, I wasn't thoroughly comfortable with buying them. I'd appreciate some feedback on everything from generics to brembos, pads and rotors. Thanks

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/search.php

+1 to TireRack. You won't find much better prices anywhere else.

I'm not sure what feedback you are looking for specifically.

Do you want pads for just street use? Autocross? Track?
Do you care about dust?

In my opinion rotors aren't as important as the pads. You can get the rotors you have resurfaced if there is enough material remaining so that they will still be within spec (stamped on the edge of the rotor). Or something like these are nice because they have painted hats and won't rust as quickly if at all. When I do my brakes I'm just going to get the cheapest NAPA rotors and paint the hats myself with high temp paint.

I think I got mine from Jspeed, they are a forum sponsor and had a good deal going. Protegegarage is also a sponsor and will shoot you a better price if you email them for a private quote or you can use their generic discount code (which I don't remember right now, but you can find it in their section).

I guess I'm sayin' support the people that support our forum.

Back