Burnt my DAMN Clutch. HELP!!!

Alright... i was going up this steep hill in 2nd gear and i burnt my clutch really bad. So i have to get a new one and i have a couple of questions.
1. Does it matter if i get a nice clutch? like will it affect how fast my car is, or anything like that?
2. How much would a nice clutch be if i had to get one?

THANK YOOOOOU.

I replaced my clutch at like 12,000 miles. I was expecting it to go out actually. 240hp, 220tq, and racing.

I got the Unorthodox Racing 6-puck clutch with aggressive pressure plate. It's a bit unpleasant in traffic, but there's trade offs to everything.

If you need to replace your clutch I would suggest getting a good one.

Yeah, Spec makes good stuff also.

I'd be willing to offer a group buy on them if there was interest :thumbs-up:

Last edited:
There is a driveway that exits a walgreens around where I live, and it must be like a 40 degree incline or something. It is ridiculous. I couldn't get a "running start" since there were cars ahead of me and behind me. When I went there was much tire squealing and clutch slipping involved in getting out of that driveway. I can imagine a similar situation happening to someone else, although I don't see where the second gear comes in. Oh, and I didn't burn out my clutch either, but maybe it was just the last straw on the camel's back for him.

BlUsPeEd22 said:
Alright... i was going up this steep hill in 2nd gear and i burnt my clutch really bad. So i have to get a new one and i have a couple of questions.
1. Does it matter if i get a nice clutch? like will it affect how fast my car is, or anything like that?
2. How much would a nice clutch be if i had to get one?

THANK YOOOOOU.
Engagement is the main thing that is changed with a racing clutch. It is also more heavy-duty. Get the spec III hybrid. From what I've heard it's not too harsh so your car can be a good daily driver.

Back