Bumper removal - '04 hatchback

weatherdan822

:
2004 Mazda 3 hatchback
Please excuse me if there has already been a post on this. How do you remove the front bumper completely? I removed the two screws on the top along with the two push tabs, got the two screws on both wheel wells, and the 11 screws underneath but the bumper is still snagged on both the left and right sides somewhere below the headlights between the HID capsule and the turn signal segment. What did I miss?

I know on my MS3 (different bumper that NA) there are the brackets with a couple clips along mating line of fenders, and two clips along front grabbing to the steel bumper cross member in the front. This may be the case with yours. Double check all bolts of and give it nice tug to pop em off perhaps.

No, Pretty much the whole front clip is different. Different hood, bumper cover, fenders, headlights (Sedan)... etc.

there are two screws (one on each side) at the corner holding the bumper to fender. They're under the wheel well plastic. Also clips on side of bumper below the lights and two clips in front of bumper holding the crush bar (or whatever the piece of metal behind the bumper is called). Start from the side and it should go easly..

Back