Brother needs help finding a car

WetsuitxNinja

:
Mz3
Alright my brother is 18, just got his license, and is looking for a car around 3000 bucks, any suggestions, I put my .02 in for late 90s civic or the like. He was looking at a truck, but it seems they hold their value pretty well and are out of his price range for what he wanted....just wanted to see if you peeps had some good ideas, haha I found a 2000 kia with 80k for 2995, what a steal. (boom07)

Any help sugg's would be rad.

Is he looking for something to tinker with and/or hot rod? Or does he just want daily reliability?

I would suggest that he pick up the current Consumer Reports and use it to look back several model years to see what are the most reliable cars. Then he should go to www.carmax.com to look up what they have used in his price range. Having done those to things, he'll be able to make good judgements about any local area cars he comes across.

yes, what is most important to him and what does he want to use it for? a to b car, fun car, autox car, ...? if you want something fun/sporty to drive, for $3000 it's not gonna be as reliable, but you could get an older civic that if you want could be made fun to drive for a bit of money but if not it's still a good a to b car that gets good gas mileage

Back