Brake Parts for the 03 Speed Protege what is my best option?!?

xxskateratxx1

:
MazdaSpeed Protege
Hey Guys, Im looking to replace all my brake components Calipers Rotors and pads front and rear... I could get the crappy Duralast s*** that i got from autozone last year that already crapped out... or I could get something good that wont crap out in a year.. I found its super hard to find rear calipers around here for my car as well... NOBODY has them... Please help me out I need something ASAP...

you can upgrade your brakes and do a mazda6 or mazdaspeed6 caliper conversion. go to cr0ss0veraut0.com to get a price quote on a new set of front and rear set of calipers, rotors, and pads. probably one of the best upgrades u can do brakewise without buying a big brake kit like brembo or rotoras that run $1300+ just for the fronts.

the MS6 rear calipers are on that site as well. they fit with no issue. all u need is to modify the emergency cable a bit in order to get your parking brake to work. other than that i would contact ScratchnSniff to see if he has any stock msp calipers around.

I couldnt Find any rear calipers for the Mazdaspeed Protege on there.. Or Mazda 6 Or MS6... Having a super hard time finding MSP Rear Calipers for some reason... Maybe because only 5% of protege's Were MSP's.... Parts for these cars can sometime suck to get... = / My shop said for Parts and labor for calipers rotors and pads front and rear 1275.00 o_O

go to FB and look up alex todd. hes scratchnsniff on here. he can probably get a good working set of rear stock msp calipers. as for rotors and pads. i suggest just buy em off the site i suggested. get a set of hawk or ebc pads. and a set of ebc or stoptech crossdrilled rotors. labor unless u do the work yourself is gonna rape u. hardest part honestly would be knowing how to bleed the brakes once u replace the calipers. other than that, replace pads and rotors is pretty straight forward and easy as long as you have the tools to do it.

or look up 626 rears since they are IIRc the same caliper/rotor/pad as the msp and about a third of the price. use online mazda parts instead of Autozone and i bet you can find everything you are looking for, I know ScratchNSniff has calipers as well.

Rockauto also has calipers. just USE THE SEARCH BUTTON :)

aka: googling such and such part site:mazdas247.com or some other forum

Last edited:
i think ksport make rear bbk for protege. but they cost like 1.5-2k i believe

front bbk, i guess aac is the cheapest one we can get, hope acc do a GB on it when they have both front and rear bbk.

my calipers are doing ok atm, but i will swap them out whenever i got enough spare money.

i think ksport make rear bbk for protege. but they cost like 1.5-2k i believe

front bbk, i guess aac is the cheapest one we can get, hope acc do a GB on it when they have both front and rear bbk.

my calipers are doing ok atm, but i will swap them out whenever i got enough spare money.

just remember that when you run a BBK most will require a new wheel or spacers to clear the caliper. running the OE pieces you can run an OE wheel and not have to spend more then needed. BBK are good for cars that need them(Proteges dont IMO), all kinds of track running Proteges run OE calipers and upgraded rotors/pads instead of the larger/heavier BBK.

i know daily drive protege dont need them XD but it doesnt hurt to have shorter braking distant

depending how much money i have next year, i would either get OE replacement + caliper covers or front BBK at least.

i know daily drive protege dont need them XD but it doesnt hurt to have shorter braking distant

depending how much money i have next year, i would either get OE replacement + caliper covers or front BBK at least.

want shorter braking distance buy better tires, brakes will only help you if the contact patch with the road is good.

caliper covers? lol? ha...hahaha....hahahahahahah

1500 - 2000 dollars doesnt help me in the least lol But thanks for the replies.. I think im just gonna let my shop do the struts alignment and all 4 brakes calipers rotors and pads for 1250 he said i could pay him a little bit everytime i get my paycheck... Might be my best option at this point with my money situation....

I have calipers and rotors from a 2007 mazda6 all the way around on my protege- i don't know what's required to make the e-brake work (mine's snapped anyways -_- )but i do know the whole set up cost me around $300 from a junkyard. Everything works great and bolts right up. The stuff i got was in great condition. I even got 3 brake pads for the front for some reason...
...why 3? I don't know.
I ordered them off eBay eh? Something to look into, or if you can find calipers/rotors from a 626 (i believe it has to have been a v6 equipped 626) that'll work. There's 2 threads on here that were really helpful for finding information about what brake parts from other mazdas will work on the protege. Every once in a while someone wants to know if brakes from an Evo will work on the protege, and then someone somehow got brakes from a mustang or something to work with some fab'd up bracket, but i still found a lot of good info in them and managed to find a working set up...
...minus my e-brake.

Bbk

My brake set up is a 2007 ms6 front caliper rears are stock msp calipers with a sloted rotor. stainless steel brake lines and a new master cylinder stops on the dime no need to spend over a grand on some Brembo's. even when i had my old master cylinder still stops the same just replaced cuz there was no cleaning on that thing.

I went with centric With the rust proof paint where the pads dont touch. stops perfectly and wont look like i left it in the ocean for 10 years after only 1 year! lol also centric calipers are rust proof. Good setup I would recomend it to anyone.. unless you want the crazy upgraded brakes that these cars dont necesarily need... Deffinetly dont get autozone duralast crap though... that s*** is miserable.

Bumping this thread as I'm in need of some rear calipers for my msp. I've searched plenty and can't seem to find them anywhere. Pretty much everyone who says they do have them, actually had regular protege calipers. What I really need is the mounting brackets, but those aren't available individually either.

Back