Brake Pads ?

walkingchaos

:
2014 CX-5
Ok just a current survey : Who is using what brake pads, how much did they cost, where did you get them, and how are they on dust ? thanks!

Im curious as well. I had a "brake job" done 6 months ago and my front rims are basically copper right now.

Stoptech Street Performance
$90ish for fronts and rears
Got the rears from knsbrakes and the fronts from ebay.
Dusting...I don't know, they're not the cleanest pad ever, but everything isn't coated in dust.

These pads are just plain awesome. My car stops like a dream with them and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Last edited:
StopTech Street Performance on rear w/ new Centric Premium rotors, and new cheap calipers.
Fantastic stopping power, but they dust ALOT. Bought at Rockauto.

Posiquiet ceramic on front w/ new Centric Premium warped rotors(Rockauto), and new Centric calipers.
Fantastic stopping power. Almost no dust. Purchased pads & calipers local.

Posiquiets will go on rear next. Will Never go back to stock brake pads again, EVER.
Prices easy to check at RockAuto.
Local parts house had Stoptech/Centric/Posiquiet for about the same price as RockAuto w/ shipping. No waiting and face-to-face customer service.

Last edited:
+1 for the stoptech pads, they stop very well and not once have I heard any noise from them (unlike the bad Monroe pads I used previously).

My rears have 10k on them and still look pretty good. Maybe poison could chime in...he's been running them for a while.

Back