brake light....

susamafone

lil' red
:
Red '03.5 Protege5
certain times when i may have to push the brakes a little harder than i would in a normal driving situation, my brake light comes on. i checked the brake fluid and it is above the minimum line.

i just broke the 38000 mile mark today and i was wondering if i should just put some more brake fluid in and call it good, or is there the chance that its more serious than that and i need to go see someone.

chris

Put more brake fluid. Whats happening is this..

The more you push on your brakes, the farther your Brake Caliper piston is traveling so therefore there is more hyrdaulic brake fluid pushing behind the piston. So that means more fluid from the reservoir is going through the lines.

As soon as you reach under the minimum (might be a bit more past that), A sensor is 'tripped' and your brake light indicator illuminates. Sorry for the vagueness of the 'sensor'. I seem to forgot what its called...

SS brake lines will decrease pedal travel & make things feel much better, probably move less fluid enough to not trip the low fluid sensor. Best individual brake upgrade IMO.

Back