Bov

dasleeper

Hello this is my first post and I am new to these forums. I have owned my mazdaspeed 6 for about and month and just have a few basic questions about the recirclation valve. I need something that will recirculate the air. How can I get the good old turbo wsshh sound, because as far as I understand this is different then a bov. Could you provide any links to a low priced kit, list any problems assoicated with this mod, and any picture step by step would be great.

Yep..install a SRI or a CAI and you will get all the whoosh our tiny turbos can dish out!

and if u want the pshhh sound that a bov makes get the hks bov with the recirc fitting and youll be fine. you can buy all these fine products from protegegarage.com

no im looking for the actual bov noise, but are there kits that allow you to recirculate the air? Does adding a bov hurt these cars at all?

The air has to be recirculated right because the MAF accounts for that air that would be sent to the atmosphere by the aftermarket bov?

Last edited:
youre right this car does need it to run in recirc mode. buy the hks bov with the recirc valve. theres a kit with everything you need at protegegarage.com

with a cold air intake and over the bypass valves will be able to make the noise, even the stock one. unless you have a catless exhaust system recirculating is the way to go. i say catless because when you vent to air you will get backfires, which if you have a cat will get damaged after time.

get an intake.

free's up some ponies and gives you that woosh sound.

there' TONS of reviews of about every intake out there, so SEARCH around the site and settle on one you like. oh, and also SEARCH the marketplace section. your bound to find something there. bpv or intake.

Back