BOV tuning

2006ms6

I know most of MS guys are against running BOV's because of the VTA. Im looking at picking one up along with quite a few other mods here in the future. Ive heard different things from different people. I was looking at the turbosmart dual port BOV and running it recirc. Doing that will I have to tune it? If i wanted to run it VTA, would tuning it solve all the problems that come with running a bov vta? such as running lean? Sorry if this question has been asked before, but i cant seem to get a solid answer about it.

the turbosmart is a 50/50 or u can run it 60/40, if you go full vta yeah you may have problems without a tune, just run it 50/50 and ull be fine

I run VTA HKS SQV V2 and have for about almost 2 years.. No problems so far.. But certain BOVs dont seal well at idle and VTA is not good..
But I would agree recirc is the best method

I have the turbosmart, running vta for almost a year now. Set it hard and forget it lol.

Full vta, no recirc.

are you guys blocking of the recirc tube to the tip with something?
I'm thinking about trying my hks in recirc but am not sure what to plug the hole with?
Any backfiring when shifting?

I get the occasional POP when in either, its about 2:1 vta to recirc for backfires. I took a stainless steel plug with some heater hose between. That was ghetto but it worked.

But the car just runs like ass between shifts anyways due to my fmic. So the big configuration is pretty minute compared to the rest of my issues.

Is there an advantage to running VTA over recirc? I run full recirc on my forge and it is loud as hell with the cobb intake. Do people want to run VTA just so that they have more choice over what BOV/BPV to put on their car? Just curious, because i don't see the point of VTA if it makes you car run like crap.

Well it depends on your setup. The stock bov is awful for venting because its so soft.
After market ones look pretty and sound cool. Haha.

The only advantage that relates to a vta setup that I can think of, dependant on your setup but pre intercooler bov's should be vented because why recirculate heated air? Just upping your pre ic boost air temps.

Well it depends on your setup. The stock bov is awful for venting because its so soft.
After market ones look pretty and sound cool. Haha.

The only advantage that relates to a vta setup that I can think of, dependant on your setup but pre intercooler bov's should be vented because why recirculate heated air? Just upping your pre ic boost air temps.

This is about the only reason. VTA valves are made because when people build custom setups and use a tuner they dont really need extra hoses and it "sounds" cool. I have a HKS SSQV on my MSP and running it open. Its loud and makes people look at your car is about all its good for.

MS3 can run them open if its a valve that seals completely when it should be closed. You may just get a back fire when shifting or a stumble when coming to a stop.

Back