Bought a 2015 CX5 GT couple days ago.

I think that's what the radar braking is called. It starts with a B and has 4 letters LOL. Also the "Fake plastic exhaust" i believe is the intake manifold. I just got my 2015 GT Saturday and am still figuring it out.

I think that's what the radar braking is called. It starts with a B and has 4 letters LOL. Also the "Fake plastic exhaust" i believe is the intake manifold. I just got my 2015 GT Saturday and am still figuring it out.

ya youre right.. cuz the O2 sensors and exhaust mainfold were at the back...

my channels gonna be slow. i didnt buy this car to mod.. i have over 130 GTI mod/DIY videos, but i aint gonna try and make this Mazda "fast". One of my GTI's had 360hp. This is just the family cruiser.

Yeah my 550i had 360hp/360tq so this is quite the change. We still have a 335i in the family - will be doing JB4 for about 400/400. I was seriously looking at an Audi A6 if I wanted to go the expensive route. About 450/450 with simple mods. Oh well - fast cars will come another day.

Yeah my 550i had 360hp/360tq so this is quite the change. We still have a 335i in the family - will be doing JB4 for about 400/400. I was seriously looking at an Audi A6 if I wanted to go the expensive route. About 450/450 with simple mods. Oh well - fast cars will come another day.

i had a 135i with JB 2 or something back in 2008. but my fastest cars were probably my 2012 and 2013 superbees. 470/470.

Are you speaking of "SCBS"? That is Smart City Brake Support. BSM is Blind Spot Monitor
i didnt buy this car to mod.. i have over 130 GTI mod/DIY videos, but i aint gonna try and make this Mazda "fast". One of my GTI's had 360hp. This is just the family cruiser.
Not all "mods" are speed related. Mods can be convienence, comfort, or appearance related, among other reasons. Examples for me are- seat lumbar support, brake caliper painting, sub to OEM audio, $1 trash can, iphone dock, and front grill bug guard mods. I always custom mod my cars and bikes to fit me perfectly, like a tailored suit.

Last edited:
Not all "mods" are speed related. Mods can be convienence, comfort, or appearance related, among other reasons. Examples for me are- seat lumbar support, brake caliper painting, sub to OEM audio, $1 trash can, iphone dock, and front grill bug guard mods. I always custom mod my cars and bikes to fit me perfectly, like a tailored suit.

very true indeed. My 2013 GTI has LED tails, chassis brace, upgraded Focal speakers. Along with all the power mods.

I plugged it last night. but i feel weird about it since the hole was so big. I am going to get a real patch as soon as a tire shop opens. I gave the wife my GTI today so i could get the Mazda fixed properly.

i didnt know you could combo a patch and a plug for the same hole. Is it like a mushroom type?

I plugged it last night. but i feel weird about it since the hole was so big. I am going to get a real patch as soon as a tire shop opens. I gave the wife my GTI today so i could get the Mazda fixed properly.

i didnt know you could combo a patch and a plug for the same hole. Is it like a mushroom type?

Yup. They are an all-in-one unit. It patches, and plugs the hole at the same time. This was the only way I would repair tires in my shop. They are a tad more expensive to do since the tire comes off, and will need to be rebalanced (but its the safest way, and cheaper than a tire). Typical cost is $25-35.

They are on the left of this picture:

pr2009203-prema-truck-tire-repair-minipack-pr2009203.jpg

Yup. They are an all-in-one unit. It patches, and plugs the hole at the same time. This was the only way I would repair tires in my shop. They are a tad more expensive to do since the tire comes off, and will need to be rebalanced (but its the safest way, and cheaper than a tire). Typical cost is $25-35.

They are on the left of this picture:

pr2009203-prema-truck-tire-repair-minipack-pr2009203.jpg

thanks for the lesson bro. I am going to a tire shop in an hour and a half, and hopefully they have these. if not.. ill just settle for a normal patch.

i been working on my cars for 25 years, and i have never seen a tire hole that big. i dont ever let dealerships touch my car, except for recalls and updates and stuff.

i been working on my cars for 25 years, and i have never seen a tire hole that big. i dont ever let dealerships touch my car, except for recalls and updates and stuff.

Placcy, you've been working on cars for 25 years, but have never seen a patch-n-plug?? They've been the industry standard in the tire business for at least 20 years (sure much more but that's about when I started mechanicing professionally). In fact, if you ever have a tire warranty issue, the manufacturer will not warranty any tire unless it has been properly patch-n-plugged as it's the only method acceptable for manufacturers' speed ratings. During my years, I have seen slightly larger holes that can be PNP'ed (they come in three plug end sizes), so the shop should be able to do it correctly. But among the not repairable holes I've witnessed have been made by bullet holes, 6" adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers, tree branches, etc. all found inside the tires. Cute kid, btw.

Last edited:
Placcy, you've been working on cars for 25 years, but have never seen a patch-n-plug?? They've been the industry standard in the tire business for at least 20 years (sure much more but that's about when I started mechanicing professionally). In fact, if you ever have a tire warranty issue, the manufacturer will not warranty any tire unless it has been properly patch-n-plugged as it's the only method acceptable for manufacturers' speed ratings. During my years, I have seen slightly larger holes that can be PNP'ed (they come in three plug end sizes), so the shop should be able to do it correctly. But among the not repairable holes I've witnessed have been made by bullet holes, 6" adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers, tree branches, etc. all found inside the tires. Cute kid, btw.

i have seen it.. thats why i suggested a mushroom design. it was in the back of my head.

Latest posts

Back