boost!

:
2003 Orange Mazdaspeed protege
Alright so i have a Mazdaspeed protege and the guy that owned it before me had the boost set to 15psi and its been that way for sometime and when i step on it itll start to flutter, so the question is is there something i do can do like an upgraqde thatll keep it from doinf that or should i put it back down to 7 psi. id rather not put it back down to 7 but mybe 10 psi becasue i want some power. so could you help me? thanks!(huh)

i would say 15psi is kindof sketch on the stock motor. It might hold up and it might not. If they had it set with boost controll than just turn it back down. What you mean by flutter you mean fuel cut?

when i bought my car it was running 16lbs if i was u just put it back to stock til u can get a wideband and boost controller

yea its a fuel cut! i cant get full power when i get on it , it just cuts.. and yes its all stock everything nothing forged.

Alright so i have a Mazdaspeed protege and the guy that owned it before me had the boost set to 15psi and its been that way for sometime and when i step on it itll start to flutter, so the question is is there something i do can do like an upgraqde thatll keep it from doinf that or should i put it back down to 7 psi. id rather not put it back down to 7 but mybe 10 psi becasue i want some power. so could you help me? thanks!(huh)

yea its a fuel cut! i cant get full power when i get on it , it just cuts.. and yes its all stock everything nothing forged.

(nailbyt)

stock driving the car or you are going to have a paperweight. the fuel cut is saving your engine.

inspect the vacuum line going from the intake manifold to the wastegate. make sure there is nothing attached to it. If there is a hole or crack in the line it will blow you motor.

if the line is intact unhook the side on the intake manifold and try to blow through the line into the wastegate actuator. if you can blow through the line then you need a new wastegate actuator.

if you keep boosting over 10psi you will blow your motor.

Latest posts

Back