Boost question

Benben

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
Got a 2003 trying to raise the boost but when it get to about 7 psi it does this like spuddering I'm not sure y if anybody has any idea please help

get a wideband and an ssafc and you can minimize the issue and make it practically nonexistant, but unless you go with a standalone EMS the issue wont be resolved completely

Thanks for the help and I'm new to the site still finding out how to do everything

Don't turn up boost at all on stock internals!!!!

This should be "dont turn up stock boost without supporting mods and a good tune" a friend of mine ran 14 psi on stock internals for awhile without issue. Of course i am not by any means saying a stock msp should run that much as weak as the stock rods are

This should be "dont turn up stock boost without supporting mods and a good tune" a friend of mine ran 14 psi on stock internals for awhile without issue. Of course i am not by any means saying a stock msp should run that much as weak as the stock rods are

good point, he may have just been one of the lucky ones who was "blessed" with a good engine to start with... Me personally im leaving mine stock levels until i go forged

I don't plan on going over 10 maybe in the future I'd bump it up where should I look for a good quality the ssafc what is it exactly is that if u can't tell this is my first mazda

i got my afc directly from Split Second w/datalogging and it actually saved me a bit of money compared to protegegarage.com

^ Yes! CR3 will get you anything you need and customer service is great. He's provided a majority of my parts and he's getting me even more as we speak.

You have to buy the PSC1 020 for the MSP. Make sure you get the right one. PG and CR3 have what you need.

Back