Boost Problem

:
2007 Mazdaspeed6 Grand Touring
Alright my problem is when i boost my car pulls pretty hard up until 15psi and then it feels like it kinda dies out then at higher rpms it seems to pull hard again.

AFR's are between 11.5 -12 for most part.
Boost remains at 15psi the whole time when this occurs.
1 stage colder glugs, wires, coils were changed less than 2000 miles ago.

my thought is either the boost controller, or plugs, what do you guys think it could be?

I say intakemanifold you get the second burst once the butterflys open..

you really should list all yout mods..... you could zip tie the buttery flys open and take it for a spin to see if thats your issue.

mods: wiseco pistons, k1 rods, supertech dual valve springs, supertech 1mm oversized valves, 5 angle valve job, head port and polished, gt28rs, 440cc injectors, Corksport DP, Corksport 80mm exhaust, FMIC, NGK 1 stage colder plugs, relocated MAF, HKS, Joe P inline MBC, SSQV, Vacuum block, exedy stage 1 clutch, SS AFC, AEM wideband, Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges.

Thats everything i can think of mod wise, i may have missed something or listed something that probably doesn't matter but hopefully it will help

Last edited:
Stock MSP ECU is still controlling timing. You're probably getting knock in the midrange so it's pulling timing and that's what you're feeling. Ive had it on a couple MSP's I've tuned.

whats the solution to fixing that? if i was getting knock wouldn't i be able to hear it?

Last edited:
Like I said in the PM, knock is hard to dect with your ears alone on the FS. It's a noisy engine by nature, and loud exhaust and turbos don't help.

What are you running for knock detection?

i just have the stock knock sensor, the car also ran good previously, these are relatively new symptoms.
if lowering boost some would this possibly fix the knock/detonation?

Last edited:
First you need to find out if you're pinging and how badly. Run a real time scan tool and keep an eye on your knock retard and ign advance to verify that's the problem. Report findings.

For ***** sake I've given you about 4 things to try first to narrow it down... Asking for more before trying any of them isn't going to help anything.

Who knows why it started now? Maybe you switched brands of gas, maybe you gained weight?

Sorry for the tone but try out what's been suggested first and report findings, before going further. Process of elimination.

Max you sir oh you sir are a funny man but honest...process of elimination is key..

i didn't ask for more options people just gave answers, i just was just curious to why it would start now, thats all. how am i supposed to learn if i don't ask questions

Back