Boost problem/stall after customMSP intercooler install

SteelWarrior

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
hey hey, well i just finished my first MOD project on my car, dropped in a customMSP intercooler, i rehooked up everything right however i had a problem with the fan

i could only get it to bolt into the left hole (connected to the Rad), the other hole to bolt it in appears not to line up properly

my pressure gauge shows 20, so i dont think i ahve an exhaust leak, and the car drives fine until a boost, then i hear a whinning sound and the car starts to jerk and will not boost, not entirely sure whats going on, ill search for the answer but any help would be awesome

on a side note i ddint **** up one of the rubber seals connected to the intercooler, but when i rehooked it up i stretched it over nice....if there isnt a good seal going to the intercooler would that cause the problem? even if its just a tiny gap?

Last edited:
well i fixed the clamps, no more funny squeel but now i got a engine light warning on and theres a whinning sound coming form the engine, so i dont know if air is escaping somewhere or what

on a side note i ddint **** up one of the rubber seals connected to the intercooler, but when i rehooked it up i stretched it over nice....if there isnt a good seal going to the intercooler would that cause the problem? even if its just a tiny gap?
Yes sir an air leak causes quite a bit. Going into boost with an air leak will cause the whinning noise and the stumbling. Thats the turbo you hear spooling.

lol well was a easier fix then i thought, when i put on my hard pipes, the very top clamp wasnt the same type as the other ones, and when i put it on, i didnt check under neath to make sure it was sealed, so thinking i had it on all the way, i tightened it, so when i boosted, the rubber flapped and would open and cause a leak...so all i did was push it on and reclamp it, then take off the battery cable for a few mins to turn off the engine light and all was good

hard pipes + custom intercooler = hella faster then it was before, car sounds ALOT better too

and w00t for it being my first completed mod :D next project is replacing my CAI with the new injen one i picked up

:D

Back