boost issues

eqdrummer

:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege
Ok so I just got my map 2 weeks ago. Haven't driven it much due to bad motor mounts. Replaced top passenger and rear mount. Also replaced plugs and MAF
My problem is when the car is under boost, when it winds up good, the motor jumps like it's gonna fly out of the hood. What could it be. Only code now is the victs or whatever the idle thing on the intake.is. any ideas??

Oh also when moving very slowly forward or reverse when the wheel is turned the heel hesitates to turn and makes a popping and grinding sound. All help appreciate it.

It did it with the plugs that were you n it and with the new ones. Plugs were pre happened ok. Was forced to get Bosch for now bc no local stores had ngk plugs in stock. Where can I get a new wastegate?

First you might wanna test it. What you do is remove the vacuum house that goes to the wastegate actuator. With a bicycle air pump slowly put pressure through the line to the wastegate. If it moves and does not leak pressure it is not your wastegate. You can get a new one for about a hundred bucks. I have a forgesport with a 5-9 psi spring.

Blow into the line for the WGA, if any air passes through the diaphragm is torn and it must be replaced.
I don't understand your post, you mean the plugs are are the correct gap already? You need NGK ZFR6F plugs and whatever plug you get must be a .028-.030 gap. Most come gapped .044".

Blow into the line for the WGA, if any air passes through the diaphragm is torn and it must be replaced.
I don't understand your post, you mean the plugs are are the correct gap already? You need NGK ZFR6F plugs and whatever plug you get must be a .028-.030 gap. Most come gapped .044".

I couldn't get the ngk plugs on Saturday. Went to 3 stores and nobody had them. Got Bosch 4 platinum bc it's the only thing that would fit. The old plugs were very very black. Running.super rich. So these are just temporary.

These cars run rich, they are tuned that way. Need to get the correct plugs in before you start buying replacement parts

"Oh also when moving very slowly forward or reverse when the wheel is turned the heel hesitates to turn and makes a popping and grinding sound. All help appreciate it"

that sounds exactly like a CV joint to me

Back