Boost Gauge Recommendations?

needforspeed6

:
07 Mazdaspeed 6
Well, I ordered a 60mm Prosport premium electric boost gauge and recieved notification that it is on back order until at least Jan. 26th. Does anyone have any other 60mm electric boost gauge recommendations? The criteria I have is the following:

1.) It must cost no more than $150.
2.) It must fit in Block8head's defrost vent gauge pod
3.) It must have the same red illumination to match that of the MS6 interior.

Thanks in advance for your help!

It looks like "The Website That Shall Remain Nameless" (SU) has them in stock right now. Just a heads up.

-Jay

The one drawback to that setup (which I just installed) is that you will hear the gauge when it moves. If the radio is on you won't hear it, but just driving around you do. And that's for every move it makes...changes in vacuum/boost reading at shifts makes a pretty good noise. It's not annoying, it's just there and you get used to it.

The one drawback to that setup (which I just installed) is that you will hear the gauge when it moves. If the radio is on you won't hear it, but just driving around you do. And that's for every move it makes...changes in vacuum/boost reading at shifts makes a pretty good noise. It's not annoying, it's just there and you get used to it.

What setup are you running? Prosport premium boost gauge with defrost vent gauge pod?

I don't know about other ones with a dial...you can't hear the digital ones obviously. ;)

It wasn't exactly easy to hook up, but that is because I spent a lot of time making up a wiring harness and making it so that I could remove the gauge while leaving the wires in. My main problem is a wiring issue, I apparently either blew a fuse or have to tap some different wires, just need time to work it out.

In my previous cars I never heard my gauges move. I had Defi Blue Racers. I would go with the Red Racers they are only about 170 for the boost guage.

I've never noticed a noise from my 60mm Prosport while the engine was running.

-Jay

It's faint, but it's there...it depends on the installation, or maybe my gauge is just a bit noisier than the average one.

I got my MS6 Boost Gauge from speedhut.com I had it customized for the wife. The quality is pretty good, been 2 years now and it still works fine and is very accurate compared to readings from the PCM.

So if you want to design your own gauge, might be worth checking out.

I use the Prosport Premium in my car. Put it in the center AC vent, I think that is the best place for it, its very sleeky and looks like it came from the factory that way.

Back