boost gauge help

coyfish

Forgive the newbness but I just got this used digital gauge from renzozuken :).

I already have a cheapy manual guage but im not sure how to install this one.

I t'd off my vacuum line. I have a tube from the T to the sender box. The sender box has a black wire with 3 ends (red, black ,white).

The gauge has 4 wires (red, white, black, green). I guess I need to buy some wire to connect them but im not sure which one goes where. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also just FYI I did a search but couldn't find any digital gauge installs, just the basic manual ones. If you happened to come across a HOW TO please let me know ! Thanks in advance

In car electronics, black is usually ground. In home wiring/AC circuits, green is a ground.

Are there connectors on these wires? Basically, the wires from the sensor get routed to the gauge, and the gauge itself should have a different cable with the following wires: a 12V Batt (usually yellow), 12V Switched/Accessory (usually red) and a ground (black)

I would contact Prosport. They were pretty quick at responding to my emails. Just tell them you removed it for a dealer visit and lost the instructions. Don't tell them you bought it second hand.

Last edited:
Yep I sent an email to prosport. Thanks for your help everyone.

So to connect everything up just use generic wiring?

Yep I sent an email to prosport. Thanks for your help everyone.

So to connect everything up just use generic wiring?

Just go buy yourself some wire at the local Radioshack/auto parts store. I'm a fan of color matching the wire to the device, but you don't have to. Hell, you could use the same color wire, just label it.

Download the attached file:

Attachments

• DASH AREA INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROSPORT 52mm BOOST GAUGE.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,004
You're welcome ... obviously you may want to install elsewhere but the rest of the instructions for hook-up should be fine.

one more problem. Everyone with prosport gauges have red, black, green, white wires. Instead of the white . . . I have yellow.

Anyone know where yellow goes . . .

red - ign power
black - ground
green- sender
yellow - . . . . ?? I assume constant power . . .

Back