boost cut?

b e z

:
2009 black mica speed 3
I googled boost cut and fuel cut before im asking this but saw no other thread on 247 about this. Last night when going WOT in 3rd i reached 5k rpms-5500 and it felt like i hit a brick wall. Im assuming its one or the either, if its different. Is there a way i can combat this. Also it doesnt happen everytime just randomly.

Not 100% on 5500, like i posted maybe 5-5500 or i guess could be slightly more, i was more watching my fuel trims and boost gauge and it happened and caught me off guard. Is it something normal that happens after adding an intake?

Both boost and fuel cuts hit pretty hard on this car. No, it's not normal on just an intake. I didn't hit boost cut until I put a DP on. I got fuel cut after adding a RP to that. The intake was no problem.

Ok, it doesnt happen all the time but probably twice since ive had the intake on

Also consider checking plug gap. If too open you can get boost induced spark blow out under high boost situations.

at 5500 rpm you say....never heard at that RPM before.

Apparently i didnt catch this as a joke, someone want to fill me in as to why it is so funny? Not trying to be smart or anything just would like to know.

Not 100% on 5500, like i posted maybe 5-5500 or i guess could be slightly more, i was more watching my fuel trims and boost gauge and it happened and caught me off guard. Is it something normal that happens after adding an intake?

Only cobb sri. It hasnt replicated itself since.

If you're on a stock tune the throttle blades close and the ECM wains boost off and power drops off dramatically.

An intake on these cars can certainly cause issues with boost. Since these cars rely on the MAF sensor to do everything from control boost to fueling, if you alter the MAF housing, which you intake most certainly does, then you run the risk of having issues with boost, fueling etc. I would recommend either going back to a stock intake or getting a tunr for the intake that you are using. What intake is this? Do you have any sort of tune on the car? Are you able to scan any codes and see what you are getting?

Travis
COBB Tuning

It is a cobb and i have a hypertech that i am waiting to install. The only code that i have seen is p0234/overboost condition. I cleared it and it is gone.

Getting a tune is the right way to go. Although we would prefer that you got an AccessPORT! That said, just make sure you run the SF calibration. The overboost code will not come back after you clear it, unless you overboost again!

Back