Bolt specs??

bryan319319

:
mazda protege
Would anyone no where to find a guide that tells where the bolts go and what are their specs (ex. Diameter,thread pitch, length)??

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Seriously, i cant find any type of resource that would be an awesome guide for scattered bolts. But im looking for the caliper bracket bolt specs

All bolts are metric (obviously) and the bolt is only like $5 from Mazda. I believe its a M10 but cant remember the pitch off hand. Just pop one out and take it to the hardware store.

$6.10 for future reference and heading there right now. Hoping i could match it. Thanks for the help bro

If I am not mistaken, that bolt is a 12mm, which means it is probably a M10x1.25. Probably is the key word there. It sounds like you need one of those gauges that comes with a tap and die set.

Exactly right sir. Thanks for the help. And how did you know that 12mm translates to m10x 1.25?

Exactly right sir. Thanks for the help. And how did you know that 12mm translates to m10x 1.25?

Awesome.

It was an educated guess. I haven't knowingly come across any 1.0 threads. Only 1.25 and 1.5.

The 12mm --> M10 is just from a tiny bit of experience with a tap and die set. 10mm ---> M8 and I assume 8mm ----> M6

Awesome.

It was an educated guess. I haven't knowingly come across any 1.0 threads. Only 1.25 and 1.5.

The 12mm --> M10 is just from a tiny bit of experience with a tap and die set. 10mm ---> M8 and I assume 8mm ----> M6

Majority of the bolts in the engine bay (fender, valve cover, battery tie down, rad support brackets) are m6x1.00. Thats the only differnt ones that I know of that arent x1.25

Back