Body Panel Sources ?

Mike835

Looking for a source (cheaper than the dealer) for the plastic rocker panel (aka side step moulding) for an '05 M3 Spt/GT.

Had a nasty run in with a hidden curb at Tim Horton's Coffee shop drive thru. They had posted a sign "Keep Right" where a better sign would have been "Keep FAR Right"!

The dealer price is $521 + $38 for clips +taxes and installation in CDN $$$. And it is just plastic !!! Body shop repair is about $350.

Any suggestions of part sources ???

Thanks

im not sure what piece you are talking about? waht mouldings? the door moldings?

When I called the dealer for the part I told them I needed the driver side rocker panel - the plastic piece that runs the length of the car below the doors. After lots of searching they came back calling it the "left - side step moulding". Appearantly it is listed as a moulding. In the real world it may be called the rocker panel. A little further under the car is a, 12 ga (?) piece of sheet metal shaped with a slight lip which is the rocker panel. Anyway the plastic piece lists for $521.31 CDN $ + $38 for the 15 clips that hold this plastic to the car. Certainly more than its worth. Look at how many tires you could get for that !

Thanks for your reply and watch out for those high curbs !

You could probably get after market side skirts for less money. Not to mention they also look better.

three said:
You could probably get after market side skirts for less money. Not to mention they also look better.
Yes the cost and the look may be better but the car is leased and will have to be returned much like I picked it up.

Thanks for your reply, Mike

Back