Bluetooth issue when switching tabs

kchasse

:
2013 Mazda CX-9 GT base, Pearl White
I couldn't find anything on this forum describing this exact issue and am looking to see if anyone else is experiencing it or if there is a known workaround.

I have a 2013 Mazda CX-9 GT base model. I am pairing with a stock Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T). It pairs fine and plays music fine through multiple music players, but the only player that responds properly when switching from the Bluetooth tab back to the FM1 tab or similar. I believe it is simply supposed to pause the playback and then resume when returning to the Bluetooth tab. It appears Mazda is sending not just a simple pause command as the audio will pause for a moment and then immediately begin playing again. Some players will then pause 5 seconds later and others keep playing. The stock player pauses properly, but has its own issues.

Does anyone know what Mazda is sending to the device when you switch off the Bluetooth tab? Does anyone know of a non-stock music player on Android that handles this properly?

Thanks in advance!

I use an Iphone 5 with mine, and no matter what mode, it always pauses when I switch function and resumes at that point when I coe back to BT.

Good Luck!

Back