Blue engine cover

edwardzik

:
2013 cx5 6m/t
Replaced it 3 months after bought car.
Now,same thing happened.Bad design,those plastic legs keep breaking.
New one cost $160.Will try to glue it ,but I do not think it will work.
Can drive without it but I do not want loose insulation.
Car is already laud enough.
DSC05349_zpsha3bxm98.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC05348_zpsp86if4x2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC05347_zpsqmie4sjk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Interesting.. do you take yours off a lot? or did it just break in place?

I've probably taken mine off a half dozen times. I wonder if the plastics used in original blue cover are different than the '14+ black cover?

Interesting.. do you take yours off a lot? or did it just break in place?

I've probably taken mine off a half dozen times. I wonder if the plastics used in original blue cover are different than the '14+ black cover?

I never take mine off,just breaking in place.
Do you think black one will fit?

I honestly don't know but would be surprised if it didn't fit. We'll have to see if others chime in on the swap.

I never take mine off,just breaking in place.
Do you think black one will fit?
I've only read about this happening a couple of times over the three years I've been on this forum, so it's not common. How did you know it was broken? Was it rattling or shaking? If you do go with a later (black) cover, make sure it's for the 2.0 (smaller) engine. The one from the 2.5 is less likely to be a match.

Is your motor a 2.0L or 2.5? I would think swapping a cover from a 2.0 to 2.0 would work, but based on the Mazda Skyactiv video going around (where the engineer explains that the entire motor was scaled up for the bump in capacity), the 2.0 to 2.5 may not fit.

Good point... I wasn't even thinking about the 2.0L aspect of motor.

Too many...(beer) :)

A quick search of the internet leads me to believe a salvage yard would be your best bet if your superglue job doesn't work. I assume your car is out of warranty?

I wonder if it is being bumped forcefully, causing the supports to break? I've taken mine off several times and they appear to be quite sturdy. ed

Same cover used on 3, 6 and CX-5

http://mazda.findlayauto.com/p/Mazda_2015_6/Engine-Cover/49374081/PE11102F0.html

Mazda 3 2.0L Automatic Grand Touring 2014
Mazda 3 2.0L Automatic Sport 2014
Mazda 3 2.0L Automatic SV 2014
Mazda 3 2.0L Automatic Touring 2014
Mazda 3 2.0L M/T Grand Touring 2014
Mazda 3 2.0L M/T Sport 2014
Mazda 3 2.0L M/T SV 2014
Mazda 3 2.0L M/T Touring 2014
Mazda 3 2.5L Automatic Grand Touring 2014
Mazda 3 2.5L Automatic Touring 2014
Mazda 3 2.5L M/T Grand Touring 2014
Mazda 3 2.5L M/T Touring 2014
Mazda 6 2.5L Automatic Grand Touring 2014, 2015
Mazda 6 2.5L Automatic Sport 2014, 2015
Mazda 6 2.5L Automatic Touring 2014, 2015
Mazda 6 2.5L M/T Sport 2014, 2015
Mazda 6 2.5L M/T Touring 2014, 2015
Mazda CX-5 2.0L Automatic Grand Touring 2013
Mazda CX-5 2.0L Automatic Sport 2013, 2014
Mazda CX-5 2.0L Automatic Touring 2013
Mazda CX-5 2.0L M/T Grand Touring 2013
Mazda CX-5 2.0L M/T Sport 2013, 2014
Mazda CX-5 2.0L M/T Touring 2013
Mazda CX-5 2.5L Automatic Grand Touring 2014
Mazda CX-5 2.5L Automatic Touring

Forget super glue. Maybe.... the right plastic cement that would fuse the parts together .

FWIW Used a q-tip to put a film of silicone grease in the sockets of our engine cover. Very easy to lift off and put back on.

Forget super glue. Maybe.... the right plastic cement that would fuse the parts together .

FWIW Used a q-tip to put a film of silicone grease in the sockets of our engine cover. Very easy to lift off and put back on.

I lubed mine also with dielectric grease. Works great!

My guess is the piece is actually made out of ABS plastic, if so it should be stamped somewhere on the under side with the ABS logo. If that is the case your best option for repair is to get some ABS cement from your local hardware store. Most of the time the big box stores, homedepot, lowes, don't carry it. It needs to be the ABS cement and not a general adhesive. The ABS cement will physically and chemically bond the parts together, it almost melts the two pieces being joined and creates a very strong bond. I've used abs cement to repair damage on my motorcycle fairings.

30919.jpg

My guess is the piece is actually made out of ABS plastic, if so it should be stamped somewhere on the under side with the ABS logo. If that is the case your best option for repair is to get some ABS cement from your local hardware store. Most of the time the big box stores, homedepot, lowes, don't carry it. It needs to be the ABS cement and not a general adhesive. The ABS cement will physically and chemically bond the parts together, it almost melts the two pieces being joined and creates a very strong bond. I've used abs cement to repair damage on my motorcycle fairings.

30919.jpg

Thanks for advice. That's exactly what I'm going to do .

Just fund out while checking oil.This time no rattling or strange noise,but first time about 2 years ago it happened on the highway and that scared me a lot. (noise ,rattling)

Latest posts

Back